“Home away from home”

Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

With my job I travel a lot. Sometimes more then I would like. So when I choose a hotel I want something that makes me feel as if I am at home even tho I am not. The extended stay america in elmsford ny definitely gets two thumbs up in my eyes. Everyone on there staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The rooms were very nice and clean. They also have a very nice parking garage as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling and is looking for a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at this location for two weeks. The staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel has a very good location, not only close to NYC, but very convenient to access any other westchester attractions, etc. I began to call it home, while we lived here for the two weeks. I would return here again to stay knowing what to expect and it also helped us to choose these properties in future travel to other cities.

Room Tip: All the rooms seems to be identical and all are very great rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful, even going so far as to make suggestions on close places to shop when my luggage was delayed for two days during my 5 day trip. The room was comfortably laid out and having the amenities of a kitchen was quite nice. Though there is no restaurant onsite there are several decent places to eat nearby.
The only real downsides to this place was that it was under construction at the time so the tap water was a little gross (which we were warned about during check-in) and it could have been cleaner. The dishes in the kitchen were not clean and the little cockroach I found in the kitchen (and killed three times before flushing) nearly gave me a heart attack.
If given the choice to book in the area again I would probably try for something a little cleaner, but the client booked this for us and it wasn't terrible.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front of the building, facing the freeway, and never had any issues with noise b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicole V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Nicole - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that your comments have been addressed with the staff and we are working to enhance our cleaning procedures moving forward. Still, I am glad that our staff provided you with such friendly and helpful service during your stay.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wpe@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I checked into this property on the 22 Jan 2014 and stayed 2 nights. The staff were very courteous and extremely pleasant. They even followed up and checked with mee if everything was alright. I had a very functional grab & go breakfast which is more than filling. The rooms were very clean where I could even cook my own food.
All in all this place was excellent and great value for money.
TR Ramachandran

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I am happy that you found our staff to be courteous and pleasant during your stay with us. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Janet G...

Friendly staff, decent stay for the rate, quality, clean through out, didn't see stains or chips anywhere, quiet on the 6th floor, close to town/markets. I think you get more for your buck with all the amenities and it's pet friendly! Good Wi-Fi and decent coffee in the lobby. Staff is great. Housekeeping is good, Coffee at 6:45am when I go to work is GREAT!!!!! When I'm headed to work. Keep up the good work. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful comments about our staff and hotel. I am proud of our team for making your stay a memorable one. We have improved our free Wi-fi and introduced our new free grab-and-go breakfast.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had only an overnight but the motel was very accomidating. Comfortable clean room. Very nice staff. We got in late and didn't feel like going out to diner. So we ordered in from the Eldorado Diner across the street. They delivered full meal soup to dessert.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing a comfortable room for our guests and we are excited offering our free grab-and-go breakfast.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Friendly staff, decent stay for the rate, average quality, fairly clean through out, didn't see stains or chips anywhere, was quiet on the 6th floor, close to town/markets. I think you get more for your buck with all the amenities and it's pet friendly! Good Wi-Fi and decent coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was a decent one and not a memorable one. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed your review with the team to ensure your experience is not repeated. We strive for excellence everyday in everyway.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wpe@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford? Share your experiences!