“Very good hotel, good price for the service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a very good option to stay near NY City. Good price for the service. Nice and clean room.
They need to change the mattress off some beds, but in a general way my experience here was really good. Friendly staff and the breakfast was simple but very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Layout of the hotel is very strange, lobby is very far removed from the rest of the property. Stayed here several times recently for work travel. Staff are always friendly. Rooms have always been clean and well taken care of. Not recommended for families at all. Lots of late night activity taking place in this hotel, mostly the kind you pay extra for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is setup funny. The pool hous are from 4 pm to 9 pm which I do not understand because the life guard did nothing that was on duty.There was kids diving in the pool and one almost hurt himself. We told the life guard and he did nothing!!! Once I was checked out I went to use my card and my card was declined! Why!?!? You might ask....because the hotel charged my card 4 times for the same charge! When I called the hotel to correct the situation,she tells me "oh we only charged you once and you charged your card and we gave you 234.00 back" I said Ms.did you hear what you just said, so how did you guys get paid if I did that. She put me on hold for 20 mins and comes back to say give me the number to your bank and I will have the charges fix to have your money released. Never an apology or anything. The best part was the bed they
were very comfortable! I say run as far and fast as you can! They have crappy hotel with a crappy staff that needs better knowledge
of customer service and hospitality! Run!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank tlleggett
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staff was helpful, the place was very clean with large, comfortable rooms, the breakfast was a typical buffet but with a yummy make-your-own-waffles station. That being said, La Quinta is a pet-friendly hotel and the barking dog in the room above us was annoying. It started shortly after we checked in at 3:00 in the afternoon but since we were heading out, we didn't mention anything to the desk figuring the other guests were out as well and the dog was alone and nervous. After our dinner, when we returned at 9:00 and the dog was still yapping until 11:00 pm. A quick call to the front desk solved the problem thankfully. Obviously the guests were there to calm their dog, but I cannot believe that people aren't considerate of other guests (but certainly not the fault of the hotel). My concern is that when I questioned the pet-friendly environment the following morning, I learned that there are not specific rooms dedicated for pets. Given that my husband is deathly allergic to dogs, this hotel was not the best choice for us. We got lucky that dogs and cats had never stayed in the room we got. Unless there were pet-friendly and no-pet rooms (similar to smoking and non-smoking rooms), this will probably be the last time at La Quinta (again, not fault of the hotel; I didn't do my research--just an advisory for those with allergies).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Family business led me to need a hotel room for the night in the Elmsford area. I've never stayed at the La Quinta chain before and I didn't have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom, though very small, was adequate. Free wifi was nice, and it was convenient to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The free continental breakfast in the morning went beyond what I expected, with a nice assortment of pastries, bread, cereal, fruit and yogurt (toasting available). I was also very impressed with the hotel employee who worked continually to restock the breakfast items and keep the area clean. Not everything was perfect - the hallways were in serious need of vacuuming and the ice machine was empty when I tried to use it, I suspect due to the construction workers who had just filled up their coolers. But I will definitely go to this hotel if I need to stay in this area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank esa81
A La Quinta traveler
Yonkers
Reviewed 17 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for three days and I was overall satisfied. Rooms are spacious and clean. The mattress wasn't all that comfortable. WiFi worked well and I had a good size desk in the room which allowed me to comfortably do some work. Breakfast is decent enough. I don't understand why they don't use paper cups for coffee though. The hotel has a small pool, but I didn't use that. Vast parking area. No room service but they give you a selection of menus from local restaurants/pizzerias. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zibbu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford? Share your experiences!