“Hampton Hotel is the place to stay!”

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a clean, peaceful place to stay. The price was great and so was the staff. On the day of my departure, I wasn't able to make breakfast so I was t was provided with a to-go breakfast bag that included a bottle of water, an apple, a muffin and a breakfast bar! My experience was 100% satisfied!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service. I am so happy to see that we were able to provide you with an awesome experience.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Michele Viapiano

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at the Hampton for a night on my job's dime. I was greeted with a friendly smile and checked in with ease. The staff was willing to help out with directions and offered to call a taxi. I went out for the day and arrived back at my hotel around 10pm. I stopped and asked to have a wake up call and the woman at the desk set it up. It was then that the woman told me that there was no hot water in the hotel. It was too late to call my job and let them know, so I was stuck at the hotel. When I got to my room there was no notice or voicemail notifying me that there was no hot water. I wasn't expecting a gorgeous lobby with a concierge restaurant; however, I was expecting a warm room and hot water. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Claudia G

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and apologize for the inconvenient water issue you encountered. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Slept poorly because fan would start up noisily throughout the night even after the staff set it to off. Complimentary breakfast was acceptable. At $150 per night, an average value. The staff were all very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I recently spent 3 weeks at this wonderful hotel. I can't begin to tell you what a great experience it was. The staff were outstanding and extremely helpful. They couldn't do enough for us. Sitting by the fireplace they would make sure you were comfortable. Offering a snack or a drink. Everyone spoke to us and made us feel so welcome. Breakfast was a real treat. As you were enjoying a wonderful fresh hot breakfast the staff would come by offering hot coffee and juice as well as mints and fruit bars. This was a buffet and they made you feel as if you were in a restaurant. I made some really nice friends here. Snow days were sometimes long but if you spent time in the lobby someone from the hotel would come and chat making the day go by easier. They helped us find all sorts of places to go, malls, movies, and restaurants. I must also mention that the hotel van took my husband to his classes everyday and picked him up allowing me to keep the car rental for my excertions. Snow didn't stop them each day either. They had the van warm and ready to go. If you ever have to go to White Plains/Tarrytown we would highly recommend this wonderful hotel. I hope to go back someday.

Room Tip: corner rooms are small . higher rooms are larger
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon833
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I found the staff very friendly and the check-in process to be very quick and easy. My room was very clean. When I turned on the TV it was not working properly and I called the front desk and they quickly sent someone to my room to fix it. Once the man saw what was on the screen he told me to turn it off and back on again that it happens sometimes and that fixed it. I like to have the AC/HEAT run all night so as to drown out any noises from other guests but found that the only way I could do it with this room was to have just the fan running and not be able to set the temperature. Had it not been so cold outside I would have not been able to sleep well as I like it cold when I sleep. When I did set the AC to a temperature of 68 the unit would get there and then shut off, that disturbs my sleep.

I was also surprised to find the bathroom to be a little cramped. You could not use the toilet without having to close the door first.

In the morning I found the breakfast area to be quite crowded but very well maintained and the food items well stocked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel as there is a highway on the front side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Was back to this location after 5 years or so, great to see the hotel has been kept up to date. The gym is perfect for a hotel this size. The complementary breakfast is probably one of the best among hotels that offer the same service, plus the have something I have not seen anywhere else, which is a 'breakfast to go' in case you are in a rush. Staff at the breakfast are is the best, very friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Also like the fact that there is hot coffee available 24hrs at the lobby area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The hotel facilities are very nice but the management is horrible. They double charged me for my room and did not give me the type of room I requested. Contacting them and getting them to actually do anything required a trip to the hotel lobby itself so if you have any issues and you are not at the hotel... good luck.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the poor service you encountered, and for the frustration you must have been facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly if we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!