“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Irvine, United States
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Great stay, very clean, good diner across the street. Just use the actual air conditioner/heater unit, not the wall thermostat - a bit confusing. Overall excellent stay, clean room, nice fitness center and close to the freeways.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Thank Dave G. O
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. If we can assist you with your air conditioning unit, please let us know and we will be happy to be of service.

If you have any further comments or feedback about your stay, I am always interested in hearing our guests' impressions of our accommodations and services so that we can improve for your next stay, so please feel free to email me at any time.

Again, we thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure hosting you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel location very convenient to highways and local attractions. Nice secection of breakfast items. In-house guest washer/dryer. The only aspect that needs improvement is a checklist utilized by housekeeping to ensure all used items (towels, bathroom amenities, coffee, cups) are always repalced.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is very refreshing to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were in Elmsford. I have reviewed your review with my Director of Housekeeping, and he has shared your feedback with his entire team.

Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel always goes above and beyond to make your stay outstanding. The staff is always accommodating and very friendly. I look forward to my stays at this property. I had asked for an unusual request at this property during my most recent stay asking them to help out with a piece of a sales presentation that I was doing. The request was for a timeframe during their peak morning rush period and without hesitation, they assisted with my request and helped to load my van.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I truly enjoyed hearing that our team was able to assist you with a sales presentation.
It puts a smile on my face to know that we were able to delver an excellent service experience.

Tewksbury, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

The lobby is open, spacious and newly decorated. Area for dining and watching TV has some high top tables with electric outlets. I found my room to be very clean. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of good choices.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay while you were in Elmsford.

We loved having you here.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Couldn't close the door when you use the toilet, that's how tiny it was. Built on a steep hillside, which I expected, having grown up in yonkers. Most expensive hotel we stayed in the whole trip to NY and NJ, and the least value of the bunch. Really minimal hampton inn, but not the worst. Horse cave ky takes that prize.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and apologize for the inconvenient water issue you encountered. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Michele Viapiano
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Minor flaws, pleasant staff, and convenient location to local restaurants and business wish there was a hot tub or interior pool rooms were very clean, exiting and entering hotel parking lot could be tricky off busy highway

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Elmsford, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Let me start by saying that the staff here is EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY. But if you are looking for a hotel that provides heat and hot water, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE.!!! We have been here off and on 5 weeks. The first week I was here, I did not have any hot water. Everyday they told me to let the water run for 10 min. Didn't work. The water was barely lukewarm. The second week I moved to another room with hot water, but had no heat. The third week I had hot water and heat sometimes. The fourth week I managed to have both until the heating unit went out and I was moved to another room. This week, the hotel notified us that the water would be off from 12-6 on a Friday due to a water meter problem. The water was restored 24 hours later (Saturday morning and it was brown when it ran out of the faucet). On top of that, there was no HOT water and now, Monday, FOUR days later, we are STILL without hot water. Everyday we have been told the water problem will be fixed today but it has yet to happen. The hotel has been shuttling guests over to another hotel to take a shower (who wants to do that?) When new guest arrive with reservations, they are told about the hot water problem with an apology. The guests are incredulous that they have just arrived, only to be told they cannot take a shower. It is a nightmare and really sad because the staff is so nice. But the truth is, people want to be able to take a shower and stay warm, and if that is not possible, nice staff does not compensate. PLEASE do not stay here, it is a disgrace to the Hilton chain.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tamar B
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words on our staff, we are glad to hear they were friendly and made the best of your stay. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the water issues in your room and we've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. While we were doing mandatory upgrades to our water meter, there was a water main break at the street level. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area so we may better provide the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#4 of 7 in Tarrytown
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!