“Another great Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Cherry Hill, NJ USA
“Another great Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really like this chain. Everything is consistent. The hotel staff was very nice at check in. Although the room I requested and confirmed was unavailable, they found another similar room which was perfect. Always nice to be handed bottles of water at check in after a long trip. The room, though a bit dated, was comfortable and clean. The bed and linens were comfortable. The bathroom clean and roomy. Very convenient to route 287. Breakfast, always a plus, was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown. I am so happy that you had an enjoyable stay.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Michele Viapiano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel was very acceptable and superior in terms of service and clealiness. The staff was outstanding and eager to help in any way to make the stay great! On several occasions the staff went beyond the call of duty. As a Diamond member I was very impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about your stay at our hotel.
Our associates work so hard to take care of our guests, and it is so nice to hear great, positive comments about them.

I look forward to sharing this with our team.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Oswego, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn several times because its spotless and priced very well. It's in a great location for everything in lower Westchester and the Bronx. The staff has always been friendly, helpful and courteous. The breakfast is nothing special, but very adequate. Parking is a little bit strange as the lots are on a steep hill, but there are plenty of spaces. It's a better value than any of the other places in the neighborhood, which tend to be very pricey or very dumpy.

Room Tip: The side of the hotel facing I287 can be kind of noisy. The south side, away from the road is much...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I would like to take the time to let you know how much I appreciate the fact that you wrote a review for our hotel.
It is so nice to hear that our staff has always been friendly, helpful and courteous.

Thank you again for your review. I look forward to sharing it with our associates.

New Bloomfield, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The room was clean, and the staff was great. I was offered a free upgrade because my room was not ready early. The free breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hotel. Only problem I had was parking was not real accessible for handicapped.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I wanted to take the time to thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown. I am very happy that you found our hotel clean, and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Our associates will be so thrilled when I share this review with them.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you soon.

Cooperstown, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I checked in around 9:30pm on Monday 4/21/14. Went to my room 408 and laid down in my bed. Right as I laid down I called my fiancé and saw bugs crawling on top of the comforter. They were most certainly bed bugs! I jumped out of the bed and called the front desk right away. The man on the phone had no idea what to say at first and had to ask another front desk person what to do.

Two people came up to my room and I pointed the bugs out to them and was switched to a different room. I made sure to take a shower and clean all of my stuff to make sure I had no bugs on me. After my shower I inspected that bed from head to toe and found numerous stains on the sheet. I did not sleep at all that night worried that I would have bugs on me. If one bed has bed bugs I cannot imagine how many others. I was not happy to find that my bill for the room was still being charged. On 4/22 around 6:30am I went down to the front desk and told them not to charge me since my first room had bed bugs. The man at the front desk did not even have an incident report about room 408 and the bugs and would make sure to notify someone quickly and have that room cleaned.

This is the second attempt to post this review. My first review has not been posted and I wrote it on the morning of 4/22 and I see there have been other posts posted since then. Please make sure this gets posted. This is a report that needs to be seen and needs to be addressed. I am diamond member and I will not be staying at that hotel again. I had two nights booked for next week because I travel for work and need to stay overnight quite a bit. I have cancelled my reservations and made a reservation at the Marriott right down the road.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AndiG121413
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had during your stay at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and assure you the situation has been addressed. We apologize again for the inconvenience and welcome you to contact our offices directly if we may be of any additional assistance.

Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay even though we had one minor problem. The floodlights on the front of the hotel could not be stopped from coming into our room through and around the curtains. Get a room on the rear of the hotel and this will be fine. Otherwise, clean, friendly, well-run, good breakfast, 24 hour coffee was kept fresh.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Eric P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown.

I am so sorry that the floodlights in the front of the hotel were coming into your room. My maintenance team is looking into this to see if there is anything we can do to adjust them.

Your feedback is appreciated, and I hope you stay with us again in the future.

Michele Viapiano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!