Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Westchester Marriott(Tarrytown)
US$201
Travelocity
  • Pool
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$134
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$126
US$452
US$374
Hotels.com
US$173
US$166
US$127
All reviewsfront desksteep hillroom was cleanwhite plainsthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastthe hotel staffyogurtcookiesnice breakfastoff the highwayeasy accessconvenient locationbusiness tripnice staynew york cityking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I must say this, I am new to TripAdvisor and only registered because I thought it would be helpful for another traveler to read about my past experience. While visiting family in the Tarrytown area, a heavy storm suddenly came and my flight was cancelled which is how I found the hotel from off the highway. While running into the hotel to try and register with my 2 children the front desk agent completely went out of her way to make sure my children and I were comfortable. There was thunder and lightning outside and I had to park so I frantically asked the clerk Daniele if she could watch my kids for a few minutes. I came back and they were coloring with crayons and eating snacks while I unloaded our luggage inside. The clerk explained she had a child and carries extra coloring books in her bag and made my children feel so at ease. I couldn't stop at the supermarket so she provided us with milk and fruit snacks. I travel often, I read reviews often but never needed to write about my stay. I really appreciate the service I received. Not many people go out of their way. I forgot to get the managers email but I wanted to at least let the agent know I appreciate her going out of her way. I will return. Oh and Peters Saloon down the block for restaurant is incredible.

Room Tip: rooms in the backside are more quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa G
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Lisa G,

Welcome to TripAdvisor! We are honored to be your first review and a stellar one at that! I can't wait to share your kind words with my team as it will most definitely bring a smile to all of their faces. Danielle is one of a kind, and always lending a helping hand for our guests. It is so great to hear that we were able to accommodate you during the storm and that your family had a safe place to stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Have a great summer!

Michele Viapiano

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I travel a lot but for some reason had not stayed in a Hampton Inn. Better than expected. Perhaps this property is new or recently renovated but it is in great shape. Excellent location near Tarrytown Historic sites and Interstates and Tappan Zee Bridge. Breakfast was really good. Nice people at front desk. Not bad for a one-night stay.

1  Thank whitemountainman

Dear Whitemountainman,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown. I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations!

Have an awesome summer!

Michele Viapiano

Reviewed 27 June 2014

It says on the Website, "A free shuttle service operates within a five-mile radius of Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown", nowhere does it say that this service is only available on Weekdays. Nobody at the Front Desk apologized about this issue. As we wanted to take Metro North Up to Croton-On-Harmon, as we were attending The Clearwater Festival we were not happy about this. If I had known this in advance I would not have stayed at this property. The other issue was that both computers of The Business Center were out of order which is also unacceptable. I believe that there is a Satisfaction Guarantee. Well because of these issues we are anything but satisfied and I think we should be credited for the night or given points equal to a free nights stay for our inconvenience. As a long time Hilton Honors Member, I expect ed better service than this.

1  Thank brusol
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I did enjoy the breakfast and was glad that coffee was available at all times. I needed the coffee because the bed was so small and uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. The online booking site indicated the room had a king size bed. That was totally false and when I asked at the desk about it, it was like talking to the wall. A free breakfast and coffee is not worth being lied to about accommodations and not getting any sleep. I will never again use this site to book and never stay at a Hampton again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Anthony E
Reviewed 24 June 2014

the location was great for us, near the interstate. There were several restaurants nearby that worked for dinner. The room(king) was roomy and comfortable. this is ridiculous that you have to keep typing to submit a review

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Patsy B