“Quiet well maintained”

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is on a steep hill, but there is accessible parking. Quick check in. Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies. Excellent bed. Our room also had a small sofa besides the desk and chair which we liked, as well as refrigerator and microwave. Large tour group staying with many students, yet quiet and breakfast girl worked hard to keep breakfast items filled. Breakfast was basic, not as good as some Hamptons but adequate. Some healthy choices and fresh fruit were available. Fast wifi. Restaurants near by. Nothing in this area is inexpensive, so this is not bad value for area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello Torte_Sue!

Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay, and enjoyed all of the amenities that the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown has to offer.

Have a great day, and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My stay was quiet, clean and peaceful the room was furnished well and was presentable the bed was comfortable the staff was very helpful and pleasant providing me with places to eat of both high end and standard. I have nothing to complain about my stay at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Michael Z!

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown and for also taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! It is great to hear that you had such a quiet and peaceful stay. I'm also so happy that our staff was able to assist you with providing a place to eat. I hope you had a great meal!

Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Visiting area and stayed Friday 7/18 and Saturday 7/19 with travel plans on Friday evening to NYC and Upstate on Saturday.

Checked in and things were explained on bill which is what Expedia stated, but the hotel does hold a $50 refundable fee when you check out. ( This covers any costs in room incurred like movies, food, etc.)

Room we stayed in was comfortable and clean. A/C was great!! Room service was quick when we requested extra towels. Staff at front desk was polite and professional and the shuttle driver was courteous and friendly.

They do provide a shuttle bus to Tarrytown or White Plains train station.Last shuttle pickup is at 10 pm, so you'll need a taxi back to hotel after 10pm. It cost us $14 from Tarrytown train station back to hotel.

**NOTE to travelers: We took the train to Grand Central Station (42nd Street) and the express train takes about 30 minutes, but the local train is close to an hour. You have to check schedule at train station, and it does not specify which one will be local or express. Hotel does not have train schedules. The train from Tarrytown stops at Yankee Stadium. :)

The hotel provides breakfast in the morning, but you have to be patient as it's a little hectic when other patrons are trying to get the food too. Either go down early or wait patiently.

Biggest selling point for me: NON-SMOKING HOTEL. Fantastic if you don't like stinky places from stinky smokers. However, there are still people who throw their cigarettes on the ground which makes the hotel look unclean.
Note to smokers: Be respectful and don't throw your trash/cigarette butts on the ground!

Overall, we would stay here again if we go back to area.

Room Tip: We had third floor corner room and it was quiet. Our AC worked great! We a tree for our window view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you KJR2011 for the awesome feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us. We are also so happy that you were able to take advantage of our hotels amenities such as our complimentary shuttle service and daily breakfast!

We love having you here and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Have a great week!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you are looking for a Hampton Inn stay, this is a true blue Hampton Inn. It's an older hotel, but only on the exterior. The interior has been updated and although it has typical wear and tear, it's very well maintained and the service is excellent. It's a great value for a family of 6 since we need 2 rooms. This location was close to catching the train into the city as well.

Dear cool2mom,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, and for your compliment about our hotel being a true blue Hampton Inn! That is awesome! I am delighted to hear that you and your family had excellent service while being here.

We loved having you here and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights in July 2014. The outside looked like an older establishment, maybe 30-40 years old. It is built on the side of a hill with 4 layers of parking. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the lobby, as it had been recently remodeled in a modern and smart design. The rooms were recently updated as well. I appreciate the tech touches with a flat screen TV, and 3 plugs at every nightstand and at the desk. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and overall, an excellent stay. The breakfast was surprisingly fresh and tasty for a free meal. If you are in this area of New York, I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Friscoresident1997!

Thank you for the great review and for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn for your visit in July. We appreciate your kind words regarding your excellent stay! I can't wait to share your review with my team. It will definitely bring a smile to their faces to read such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went out of our way to locate a Hampton Inn in close proximity and easy travel to the two locations we needed for a family funeral. We were assisted very well in finding this Hampton and in making the needed last-minute reservation. My wife who seldom travels with me was especially surprised by the pleasing amenities and the economical price. I think I have convinced her to make the trips with me more often.

1  Thank Reginald D

Dear Reginald D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review about your stay here at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown. We are ecstatic to hear that you had an excellent stay, and enjoyed our great location and complimentary amenities.

We hope that you and your wife will stay with us again soon! We would love to have you back.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I must say this, I am new to TripAdvisor and only registered because I thought it would be helpful for another traveler to read about my past experience. While visiting family in the Tarrytown area, a heavy storm suddenly came and my flight was cancelled which is how I found the hotel from off the highway. While running into the hotel to try and register with my 2 children the front desk agent completely went out of her way to make sure my children and I were comfortable. There was thunder and lightning outside and I had to park so I frantically asked the clerk Daniele if she could watch my kids for a few minutes. I came back and they were coloring with crayons and eating snacks while I unloaded our luggage inside. The clerk explained she had a child and carries extra coloring books in her bag and made my children feel so at ease. I couldn't stop at the supermarket so she provided us with milk and fruit snacks. I travel often, I read reviews often but never needed to write about my stay. I really appreciate the service I received. Not many people go out of their way. I forgot to get the managers email but I wanted to at least let the agent know I appreciate her going out of her way. I will return. Oh and Peters Saloon down the block for restaurant is incredible.

Room Tip: rooms in the backside are more quiet
1  Thank Lisa G

Dear Lisa G,

Welcome to TripAdvisor! We are honored to be your first review and a stellar one at that! I can't wait to share your kind words with my team as it will most definitely bring a smile to all of their faces. Danielle is one of a kind, and always lending a helping hand for our guests. It is so great to hear that we were able to accommodate you during the storm and that your family had a safe place to stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Have a great summer!

Michele Viapiano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!