“Nice Stay at a reliable Hampton” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Bryan, Ohio
“Nice Stay at a reliable Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

First off, it is my opinion that the Hilton Hampton Inn brands are the most constant chain in the country. This Hampton was no exception. I was there for two weeks and the staff was great and attentive. The only downside was the breakfast items got tiring after a while. Not their fault, just my quirkiness. I was there while doing a job in the Bronx, the price made it worth the little bit of a drive which over all was not too bad. Big cities and traffic on that scale are not my cup of tea, but it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be.

Room Tip: I had a top floor (7th) towards the end of the hall and on the backside of the hotel away from the s...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear 19Huffy_64,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the Bronx.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area. Have a great day!

Michele Viapiano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lititz, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was impressed from the minute that I walked through the front door. I was helped immediately and checked in within one minute of arrival. The exercise room was clean and modern with just the right amount of free weights, machines and ventilation. Staff are pleasant, helpful, and attentive. Hotel was clean and modern with good amenities. I was highly satisfied with the condition and appearance of the rooms. The AC was immediately responsive and kept the room comfortable for the entire stay. I will be using Hampton Inn for all my future accommodations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Daniel H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am delighted that you had such an awesome stay with us, and I can't wait to share your review with my team!

We love having you here and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Have a great day!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this motel while at a job in Tarrytown, It was close to work and close enough to NYC that it was convenient to visit there. The room was extremely comfortable, the breakfast was good and the wifi was excellent. I enjoyed my stay and will stay there again if I am back in the area to do work.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Mark H,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn/White Plains Tarrytown. I'm thrilled to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable, and conveniently close to work and NYC.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Have a fantastic week.

Vonore, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is on a steep hill, but there is accessible parking. Quick check in. Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies. Excellent bed. Our room also had a small sofa besides the desk and chair which we liked, as well as refrigerator and microwave. Large tour group staying with many students, yet quiet and breakfast girl worked hard to keep breakfast items filled. Breakfast was basic, not as good as some Hamptons but adequate. Some healthy choices and fresh fruit were available. Fast wifi. Restaurants near by. Nothing in this area is inexpensive, so this is not bad value for area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Torte_Sue!

Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay, and enjoyed all of the amenities that the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown has to offer.

Have a great day, and we hope to see you again soon!

Allentown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My stay was quiet, clean and peaceful the room was furnished well and was presentable the bed was comfortable the staff was very helpful and pleasant providing me with places to eat of both high end and standard. I have nothing to complain about my stay at all.

Hello Michael Z!

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown and for also taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! It is great to hear that you had such a quiet and peaceful stay. I'm also so happy that our staff was able to assist you with providing a place to eat. I hope you had a great meal!

Come back and see us soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Visiting area and stayed Friday 7/18 and Saturday 7/19 with travel plans on Friday evening to NYC and Upstate on Saturday.

Checked in and things were explained on bill which is what Expedia stated, but the hotel does hold a $50 refundable fee when you check out. ( This covers any costs in room incurred like movies, food, etc.)

Room we stayed in was comfortable and clean. A/C was great!! Room service was quick when we requested extra towels. Staff at front desk was polite and professional and the shuttle driver was courteous and friendly.

They do provide a shuttle bus to Tarrytown or White Plains train station.Last shuttle pickup is at 10 pm, so you'll need a taxi back to hotel after 10pm. It cost us $14 from Tarrytown train station back to hotel.

**NOTE to travelers: We took the train to Grand Central Station (42nd Street) and the express train takes about 30 minutes, but the local train is close to an hour. You have to check schedule at train station, and it does not specify which one will be local or express. Hotel does not have train schedules. The train from Tarrytown stops at Yankee Stadium. :)

The hotel provides breakfast in the morning, but you have to be patient as it's a little hectic when other patrons are trying to get the food too. Either go down early or wait patiently.

Biggest selling point for me: NON-SMOKING HOTEL. Fantastic if you don't like stinky places from stinky smokers. However, there are still people who throw their cigarettes on the ground which makes the hotel look unclean.
Note to smokers: Be respectful and don't throw your trash/cigarette butts on the ground!

Overall, we would stay here again if we go back to area.

Room Tip: We had third floor corner room and it was quiet. Our AC worked great! We a tree for our window view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you KJR2011 for the awesome feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us. We are also so happy that you were able to take advantage of our hotels amenities such as our complimentary shuttle service and daily breakfast!

Have a great week!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you are looking for a Hampton Inn stay, this is a true blue Hampton Inn. It's an older hotel, but only on the exterior. The interior has been updated and although it has typical wear and tear, it's very well maintained and the service is excellent. It's a great value for a family of 6 since we need 2 rooms. This location was close to catching the train into the city as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear cool2mom,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, and for your compliment about our hotel being a true blue Hampton Inn! That is awesome! I am delighted to hear that you and your family had excellent service while being here.

We loved having you here and hope to see you again soon!

Michele Viapiano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!