“Good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel back in June 5 -7, 2014, overall my stay was good. The hotel was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was extra friendly. .... I had two kids with me, a 7 year old and 5 month old baby. The lady that was putting out the food in the breakfast area was so friendly. ....she came out and helped my 7yr old to fix a waffle. In the evening, the hotel had warm cookies in the lobby. ....free cookies ☺. The only complaint that I have. ....not every room come with a refrigerator and microwave. With a 5 month old baby. ...a refrigerator would've been great, for my daughter formula. I had to use my ice chest to her formula cold. I had to walk down the hall and use the microwave in my parents room. Overall it was a good stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank springdrive
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Springdrive,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear that you had a good stay while visiting in June, and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Our hotel does offer complimentary microwaves and refrigerators upon request with the front desk.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback. Have a great weekend!

Michele Viapiano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Miami, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very nice and very clean hotel. Staff was very nice as well. We were very impressed during our stay and will be going back. Our daughter is attending a near by college and we will be staying at Hampton Inn during our visits.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Angel T,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel. It is an honor to be your first TripAdvisor review!

We are thrilled to hear that you were impressed during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Elmsford. Best of luck to your daughter while she is away at college.

Have an awesome week and see you soon!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

The reception was quick but that was all they were good for. My room and the bathroom looked spotless. I asked for a minifridge which took them 5 hours to get because the frontdesk kept forgetting about me. During the elavator trip down a manager was firing an emloyee right in front of me in spanish. They must have though I didn't understand, but I did. Very awkard experience.

Room Tip: Ask more than once for the things you need.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Sarah G,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We apologize that the mini fridge took some time to be delivered to your room. For the future if you call in advance and let the front desk know that you need a refrigerator, we would be more than happy to make sure that is in the room before you arrive.

It is unfortunate that you witnessed an unpleasant encounter between two of our associates, however you may have misunderstood the conversation as it is not common practice for associates to be disciplined in our public areas.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with our Trip Advisor readers, and we hope you will be back in the future!

Have a great weekend.

Greater Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I chose this hotel because I've had good experience with the chain and because of proximity to my client. Room was clean, bed was comfy, staff were helpful, breakfast was great. Unfortunately I arrived by taxi and didn't have a car for heading into town for evening meals. I don't mind walking, but the sidewalks don't get you all the way to the village of Elmsford, so you have to walk along the highway shoulder. Once in the village there's a good variety of food options though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear DarrenA,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that our hotel was a good choice while visiting your client. Just to let you know if you stay at our hotel again in the future, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service Monday - Friday / 7-10AM and 5-10PM. We would be more than happy to drive you into Elmsford for a meal!

Thank you again for your review. Have an awesome weekend!

Frostproof, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was a very nice and clean hotel. it would be even better if you had a small fridge and microwave in the room. The wifi was easy to use and everything was clean. We may be back in a year so hope to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Michael B,

Thank you so much for making us your first TripAdvisor review! Awesome! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Our fridges and microwaves are available upon request so if you let us know beforehand, we will be more than happy to make sure those are in the room before you arrive.

Have a great weekend!

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I think that this hotel has ben renovated. Quality of my room was good, price was very good and they provide free breakfast. I will stay there if I will be in the area again. Staff could be a little bit more nicer but it was fine. I did not get the HH gift that I was 'supposed' to'. Hotel provides free parking.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Paula_Januszkiewicz,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. We apologize for not giving you your HHonors gift upon arrival. As we stated in the email, we have added points to your HHonors membership which will reflect on your next statement.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Palmer, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Danielle at the front desk was warm, personable, patient and extremely helpful. She is a great example of what the front desk personnel should be like at any successful hotel. I also appreciated the responsiveness, politeness, and sincerity of the staff. The hotel, itself (the floors) seemed a bit old and the carpet and doors were somewhat worn. However, the rooms were adequately clean and fairly comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Laura G,

Thank you so much for giving us feedback on your stay with us. It's awesome to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our staff, especially Danielle! I can't wait to share your review with her as it will definitely bring a smile to her face.

We loved having you here, and hope that you will be back soon...

Have a great day!

Michele Viapiano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!