“Weekend trip”

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Check in was quick and smooth. We asked to have room away from elevator and assured we would be as i was gold member. When went up to my room, it was right next to it. Room was small but clean, bathroom was tiny. Two lamps had bulbs out. Breakfast was average.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear Papppuu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your weekend trip! We are delighted to hear that check in was quick and smooth, however we apologize for the inconvenience of being placed near our elevators. I will share your review with our front desk team to make sure it doesn't happen again, as well as maintenance so they can fix those lamps right away.

Thank you so much for being a Gold Hilton HHonors Member, and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Have an awesome weekend!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Typical Hampton, although bathrooms are very small. Prices for rooms are high for Hampton, but that unfortunately is the NYC market. Lotsa road traffic in the area...so...remember to ask for a room NOT FACING the highway ( noise ).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear James P,

We are sorry to hear that you thought our hotel was just an OK place, but we appreciate your feedback and making us your first Trip Advisor review. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so we can show you how AWESOME our hotel really is!

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Hotel staff were friendly at check-in and during my stay. The room was comfortable and clean. My only problem was regulating the air conditioner. It was very cold and then too warm through the night. When the remote stopped working, they came up and exchanged it within minutes. Their response to any issue is very good! Good location for my purpose, business, but very far from restaurants. We found one in Yonkers with friends, but the hotel is a business-friendly area. I would recommend it as it was a good value, clean and friendly!

Room Tip: Room upper floor faced a very quiet area. Nice for sleeping! Excellent breakfast room. The biggest I...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear elainewny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you have business in our area.

Have an awesome day!

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel back in June 5 -7, 2014, overall my stay was good. The hotel was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was extra friendly. .... I had two kids with me, a 7 year old and 5 month old baby. The lady that was putting out the food in the breakfast area was so friendly. ....she came out and helped my 7yr old to fix a waffle. In the evening, the hotel had warm cookies in the lobby. ....free cookies ☺. The only complaint that I have. ....not every room come with a refrigerator and microwave. With a 5 month old baby. ...a refrigerator would've been great, for my daughter formula. I had to use my ice chest to her formula cold. I had to walk down the hall and use the microwave in my parents room. Overall it was a good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank springdrive

Dear Springdrive,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear that you had a good stay while visiting in June, and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Our hotel does offer complimentary microwaves and refrigerators upon request with the front desk.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very nice and very clean hotel. Staff was very nice as well. We were very impressed during our stay and will be going back. Our daughter is attending a near by college and we will be staying at Hampton Inn during our visits.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Angel T,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel. It is an honor to be your first TripAdvisor review!

We are thrilled to hear that you were impressed during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Elmsford. Best of luck to your daughter while she is away at college.

Have an awesome week and see you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The reception was quick but that was all they were good for. My room and the bathroom looked spotless. I asked for a minifridge which took them 5 hours to get because the frontdesk kept forgetting about me. During the elavator trip down a manager was firing an emloyee right in front of me in spanish. They must have though I didn't understand, but I did. Very awkard experience.

Room Tip: Ask more than once for the things you need.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Sarah G,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We apologize that the mini fridge took some time to be delivered to your room. For the future if you call in advance and let the front desk know that you need a refrigerator, we would be more than happy to make sure that is in the room before you arrive.

It is unfortunate that you witnessed an unpleasant encounter between two of our associates, however you may have misunderstood the conversation as it is not common practice for associates to be disciplined in our public areas.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with our Trip Advisor readers, and we hope you will be back in the future!

Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I chose this hotel because I've had good experience with the chain and because of proximity to my client. Room was clean, bed was comfy, staff were helpful, breakfast was great. Unfortunately I arrived by taxi and didn't have a car for heading into town for evening meals. I don't mind walking, but the sidewalks don't get you all the way to the village of Elmsford, so you have to walk along the highway shoulder. Once in the village there's a good variety of food options though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear DarrenA,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that our hotel was a good choice while visiting your client. Just to let you know if you stay at our hotel again in the future, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service Monday - Friday / 7-10AM and 5-10PM. We would be more than happy to drive you into Elmsford for a meal!

Thank you again for your review. Have an awesome weekend!

Michele Viapiano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!