“Could Have Been Worse”
Review of Days Inn Elmsford

Days Inn Elmsford
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Waited until the last minute to find inexpensive lodging in NYC for Columbus day weekend and this was the closest for under $400. We paid $108. with tax.
Perfect location just off highway.Room was relatively clean. Uninspired decor. The curtains were so worn you could see through different parts of them. Door to outside had an inch high gap,probably drafty in winter. NO SIGN OF BED BUGS. Surfaces appeared clean and wiped down. Crumbly bits of plaster behind bathroom door.
Faucet at sink was wonky. At first wouldn't turn off, then the knob came off in my hand. Managed to reconnect it but entire fixture was loose.
Bed was o.k. I always bring my own pillow. Good choice.
There were plenty of towels and 2 bars of soap and 2 little bottles of shampoo and conditioner.
Check in had my name spelled incorrectly (Thank you Hotels.com) so we played 20 questions until she found it. The lady at the check-in was neither friendly nor unfriendly but she didn't seem as if she was going to go out of her way to find my rez. I wouldn't describe her as welcoming.
Breakfast was supposed to be from 6-10 but at 9:55 it was GONE. Nada, and the ladies who were cleaning up the area didn't speak English.
Would I stay there again? Yeah, in a pinch. Going down to the city and then touring one of the historic homes in the Tarrytown area the next day made this a perfect location but, if you book early enough there are nicer places to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 914-592-7500.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Noisy room with NO CLOSET, but right on a highway into Westchester/NYC. Staff were friendly and helpful during the day. Evening staff acted like "they were doing you a favor". Breakfast was cereal and coffee, basically, not much else.

Room Tip: Ask for a back building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kate10523, Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our hotel. We do regret that your stay was not to your satisfaction as we strive to give a certain level of quality that a guest would expect during their stay. The lack of closet space and additions to the breakfast area are currently being addressed. I'm glad you had an overall pleasant experience with our staff. If you do visit the area again I hope that you let us show you the quality of service that meets your expectations when staying at a hotel.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I felt that the quality of this inn was good, the staff and their service was service was excellent. I thought the combination with the price made this inn a great value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kate10523, Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our location. We do strive to give the best quality of service we can give and your review informing us of your stay is greatly appreciated. If you come back to the area I hope you let us show you our quality of service again.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

decide to stay for a few days but the neighbors didnt let me sleep,there where a few girls staying next door which was fine with me but after 11 pm i kept hearing their door open and closed,different guys kept coming in and out of that room which my son kept asking me why did we get a room next to those girls,i think they should have say something to us when we where at the front desk,at the time when i check in the places look very nice staff are very friendly,gabriel got us a microwave and some towels which was great,places look very neat and room look nice

• Stayed: September 2013

I am pleased to hear you had an overall pleasant experience visiting our hotel. If you do come back to the area and there are any issues with neighboring guests please let the front desk know right away as we will get in touch with those guests or move you to another room, which ever you so choose. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit and for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had to find a hotel room for business in Westchester County and all of the competing hotels were full. The cost was over $100 with taxes. Curtains were torn, floors not clean. Toilet arm for flush broke in the middle of my second night there. A pet peave was no chair to sit in, nor desk to work at. Internet was unreliable. Definitely not the place to stay if you have business to do. I felt safe and it looks like they are working on things. AC worked well. Office staff is overly friendly and when I checked out, it was obvious they had experince apologizing for things breaking. I just thought it was expensive for what you got.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you letting us know about your stay. As you stated, we have been renovating our hotel and in the process of getting to every room. The curtains, floors, and toilet have all been attended to. I'm glad that you had a pleasant experience with our staff. If you do come back to the area I hope you visit us so we can show you the real quality of our services.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Came to visit my family down in the Westchester area...passed this motel and decided to stay for a night since I needed the rest... As soon as we walked in to the room I can honestly say that it was very well clean.. Everything was working the way it was suppose to and some of the staff members where very nice and polite....on Monday for the holiday I was surprise that there was a supervisor in charge. The only thing was that I wish the breakfast area had more different choices of food but I guess you have to understand that this is a motel not a hotel.... Walking back to my room the supervisor Gabriel was very attentive and asked if i needed help or if there was something that we needed in the room.. Very nice guy even took a second just to talk to my husband and I. Is nice to know that there is people that cares now in days. Overall is a neat place and obviously you can see they are doing the best they can to make it to the top of the chart... People like the supervisor Gabriel and the cleaning ladies makes a nice experience... I Recommend the place

• Stayed: September 2013
Rishi10523, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review of your experience here and for recognizing our staff! Our staff takes pride in everything they do and work very hard to ensure a great stay!
Due to our close proximity to White Plains, New York City, Tarrytown...our guests find our hotel very convenient. I'm glad you chose to stay with us. Should you travel to Elmsford in the future, please give us a call at 914-592-7500. We will be happy to make your reservations. You can also book online at www.daysinn.com for our best available rates and discounts.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Rishi10523, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Ardsley Acres Hotel Court
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne

Been to Days Inn Elmsford? Share your experiences!