“lost potential”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 24 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My honey and I were heading to NYC from Vermont and long story short (weather warning etc), we needed a place to crash for the night. We found Days Inn in that coupon book at the rest stop.
We ended up in a smoking room and it didnt smell at all (room 276). It was freezing when we got in the room (keeping in mind it was bitterly cold out), but the heater worked and eventually it warmed up.
The shower/bathroom was recently re-done. Nothing fancy, but the stand up shower was nice. I like a bit more pressure, but it was fine.
The curtains kept the room dark which I like and besides the heater, it was quiet, which made for great sleeping.
In the room, right in the path to the bathroom, there is a big awkward chair which I bumped into every time I got up. I would've moved it, but it had these creepy white stains on it, so there it stayed.
For breakfast, there was cereal, bagels, toast, and some little danish. Coffee, tea, OJ and apple juice were available. It was fine and the only complaint I have is that the little plastic knives were too flexible to actually spread my cold butter and cream cheese. Picky detail, I know :)
The bed was comfy. Coffee maker, iron and hair dryer in the room.
Front desk staff at night and in the morning were friendly and helpful.
Over-all, a basic place to lay your head on the road...

Room Tip: Go check your room before committing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.I have noted the Issue about the stained chair and have briefed my emloyees to ensure that such lapses are not repeated. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 914-592-7500

Reviewed 28 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I asked for a non-smoking room, and was given a room that smell like hell. As I had complaint, I was given another room, exactly the same. Then the person on duty told me they couldn’t do anything if other guests had smoked in a non-smoking room… It would be better (and more honest) to say they have only smoking rooms. Anyway, an old building, noisy air conditioning, and although very close to the highway, surprisingly silent. Complimentary continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: My experience is they don't have a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.We have noted the issues that you have mentioned with regard to non smoking rooms and it will be our endeavour to resolve these at the earliest. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had gone to work early in the morning, and my wife had stayed in the room until approximately 12:30pm. She had removed the ‘do not disturb’ sign from the door, and saw housekeepers still working. When we had returned around 8 that night, the room was not cleaned at all. The sheets were not changed, the bathroom floor was disgusting and there were no clean towels. My wife had gone to the front desk employee that night and requested the room be cleaned. He was rude towards her and did not offer any help, or to move us to a clean room. And when my wife requested at the least clean towels, he gave her face towels instead of regular towels. I was very annoyed this most recent stay and will not stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 914-592-7500

Reviewed 29 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ardsley Acres Hotel Court
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
6 mi away
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to Days Inn Elmsford? Share your experiences!