“Visiting family”
Review of Days Inn Elmsford

Days Inn Elmsford
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had been in Stamford, Connecticut for the birth of my first grandchild. I had made reservations at a different hotel but at the last minute they claimed that somebody else took my room. I have four children and my oldest son works near Port Chester, NY. My youngest two children are teenagers. I had learned at the last minute that I had no hotel room For myself as well as my two teenage kids and a pet. I was parked on the side of the road for 3 & a half hours in the rain trying to find a hotel. every hotel I called was absolutely booked in the very beginning of June 2014. In addition the prices they charged anyway we're completely outrageous. one hotel so that I could go get a room tomorrow but it would be $400 a night plus 15% tax. they said the hotel was in Bridgeport which is about an hour away and I know people that live there and it's an absolutey horrible place to stay due to the high crime rates. after spending much time on a phone I found the Days Inn. they gave me a room with a kitchen and a shower with two double beds 409 a night with my AAA discount. it was only 20 minutes away the hospital in Connecticut. although it was under construction everybody there treated me very well. The staff were friendly and pleasant. They served a continental breakfast in the morning. in addition when I needed directions back to Baltimore Maryland one of these maintenance man give me directions there because he said he had lived in Maryland before. it took me no time to get home, because of his great directions. the office staff were very very friendly and accommodating. the housekeeping staff are excellent. I would highly recommend the Days Inn. Although the outside of the hotel may not look fancy, it was pleasant to stay there and a safe place to stay rather than the Bronx or Harlem. don't let the looks of any hotel fool you. I stayed in many hotels all across the US and in Europe and Asia. Not every hotel that's fancy provide excellent customer service. I'd rather have excellent customer service and stay in a fancy hotel with horrible customer service. The prices are reasonable and I was able to stay Longer than I expected. Thank you very much to everyone at the Days Inn!! (Elmsford,NY?) I forget if that's the name of the town or not. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel. We are very pleased to know we were able to accommodate you and your family. I am very glad our staff members were very helpful and they were able to help you in any way that you needed. We are here to serve our guests and provide each and everyone with an excellent service. Thank you for choosing Days Inn in Elmsford NY, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

2 ppl complained while I was checking in. Room smelled, windows did not lock, brkfst was slice bread or bagel. Lobby was under construction which I wasn't aware of when I booked. Room is right next to busy road all I heard was cars flying by all night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank your for taking the time and write a review for our Hotel. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay. Your stay as well as any other guest are very important to us. All issues and concerns you have brought up during the stay are already taken care off, we are working in each feed back to make sure these issues does not occur again. We are currently in the process of renovating our facility to provide a better experience for our guests.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The room was dirty. The carpeting had not been vacuumed behind the door, under the beds, under the chest. The bathroom fixtures were patched and looked terrible. The room was dark because of the size of the bulbs being used. There was no luggage rack. The linens were stained.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Arjun V, Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feed back. My apologies for the unpleasant experience you had while you were in our facility. We have taken note of all the issues and we have addressed it to our staff members. We are in the process of renovating our facility for a better experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Arjun V, General Manager at Days Inn Elmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great to find a clean, totally fine hotel for less than $100/night near Westchester. We were in the area to make a recording, so we admittedly didn't spend much time at the hotel, but whenever we asked for something for the room (clean towels, new sheets), we got it immediately. And the breakfast was totally acceptable. Of course it was basic, and the room was pretty old, but I would stay there again, if I wanted to save a little money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 914-592-7500.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The location itself is not bad. Very close there were gas stations, cvs pharmacy and some restaurants as well. The room was ok. Little bit old but ok. It was acceptable. Wifi signal was strength we get also. One thing that piss me off was the temporary room to have breakfast. The original one was in maintenance or under construction so they chose one room with two tables and six chairs for the whole guests. So we had to wait a lot until we get an available table. But at the front desk there were a message asking sorry for that. Outside this the hotel was ok. I would come back there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and stay with us again. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 914-592-7500.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My large group recently stayed at the motel and we received A++ service from an incredibly patient and gracious staff! The manager and his team went out of their way to accommodate our needs and make last minute changes to our room assignments so that our group could stay close together.

The rooms and accompanying bathrooms were large, clean and bright. There were a number of options for double occupancy rooms and single occupancy rooms in each section of the motel. The parking lot was large and easy to access. It's evident that management and the maintenance staff has been working hard to improve the condition of the motel.

Highly recommend it, and will stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope you will come back and stay with us again. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 914-592-7500.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ardsley Acres Hotel Court
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
6 mi away
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to Days Inn Elmsford? Share your experiences!