“They Wouldn't Even Speak To Us”
Review of Oaks Inn

Oaks Inn
Ranked #9 of 85 Restaurants in Endicott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Northeast US
“They Wouldn't Even Speak To Us”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I heard this was a good place and decided to try it.

After climbing the stairs and presenting ourselves at the unattended check-in podium we waited.

And waited.

And waited.

The bartender looked at us and looked away - "not my job."

A server looked at us and kept on going. "I'm busy."

The hostess finally appeared, looked at us, and picked up the telephone to engage in a conversation with someone.

We turned and walked the heck out.

If this is the level of service we can expect we are absolutely not interested.

• Visited April 2014
10 Thank MT5211

Endicott, New York
“Great Food - Diverse Menue”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great Italian specialties and a variety of chicken, veal, beef, and seafood menu items. Reasonably priced entres starting around $12 and up. Reservations recommended.

• Visited January 2014
Endicott, New York
“Oaks Inn never disappoints”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Best Italian restaurant around, great food, value and service. I have never been disappointed and love the old world feel and atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
Tacoma WA
“RETURNED AFTER MANY YEARS”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The Oaks is now open for dinner only; had lunch there 5 years ago while visiting family in NY's Southern Tier & thought would try it for dinner as my last dining experience at Cortese in 2010 was memorable as a profound disappointment. I want to also mention that I don't give high ratings unless the restaurant is deserving - I find that people who rate Taco Bell & Joe's Pizza with 4s & 5s don't go out very much, or are rigging the ratings. I travel throughout the country & have been to many restaurants of supposed high quality (e.g., my recent venture to the original Joe's Crabhouse in Miami was underwhelming to say the least). So I am usually looking for something that is demonstrably better than normal to receive a 4 star rating & 5 stars is a rare award. In the greater Binghamton area - where I have family & friends - I would have been surprised to visit such an establishment.
Was seated late (8:30) & parked out front in a snow bank (Endicott doesn't clear its streets very well anymore; Oak Hill Rd used to be plowed better than this). The veal parmigian was very good - tender & easy to cut with a fork, though some of the veal was a bit grisly. The sauce was also tasty & neither overwhelming of tomato-flavor nor over-salted. The accompanying pasta side was overdone, but the marinara sauce topping was again very flavorful. My wife had the meatballs & gnocci which she rated 2.5/5 - the gnocci was really doughy & was overcooked. The meatballs weren't particularly spicy nor was there a good presence of herbs, but they were not bland either & didn't taste of low quality meat. The accompanying wines were inexpensive & perfect with the entrees. Our waiter was attentive & actually knowledgeable of the food for his youth (probably mid-20s) & very laid back demeanor. Had the coconut flake ice cream for desert - surprisingly flavorful & dense. The after dinner coffee was weak & not hot; the anisette was very syrupy & reflected that traditional Italian treat. The atmosphere has not changed, though the booths that once lined the outer wall are gone. You still have to navigate the stairs (unless you know to come thru the kitchen). The price was reasonable for the food purchased & the Oaks probably represents the last remaining of the better restaurants in the Triple Cities.

• Visited February 2014
Binghamton, New York
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We decided to spend my girlfriend's birthday evening at the Oaks Inn in Endicott. We made reservations but still had to wait nearly thirty minutes. Our server was not personable and at times would disappear, even fellow servers seem to notice and offered to pick up his slack. The atmosphere was just off to me, seeming to try for an upscale city restaurant, but for Endicott it was okay. The food was very good and filling with moderate pricing. This restaurant lacked in service during our visit, but I would give it another try assuming that was an "off" night.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank EddieBello

Been to Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!