“Great steak!”

Dining options: Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Great steak!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was in the area visiting family and stopped into Frank's on a recommendation that it was a good local spot with great steak. I went with my husband and 2 children (9 and 12). They were extremely child friendly which was great. My husband and I both had the steak au poivre which was really fantastic. My son had a sirloin which he loved and my daughter had the mac and cheese. It was very casual but really good food and not terribly expensive (especially for the quality of the meat). Surprisingly, they even had homemade cheesecake that was delicious. I will certainly return the next time I'm in town!

• Visited January 2014

Ulster Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible overall experience!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My family and I visited your establishment after reading all the 5 star reviews and quite honestly can say it was horrible. Food tasted re-heated, and by the time it took to get the food from order to table I can guarantee it was! We literally just ordered the meal and it seemed less than 5 minutes to have main courses on the table.

The atmosphere is mediocre, but I am not too hung up on décor, but my meal was tasteless, cold, and small portion. The Cordon Bleu was mushy not crisp, not fresh, pre-made microwave!

We also ordered Brat Trio, the potato salad was not fresh, the sauerkraut cold and the Brats were average at best.

The Honey Dipped Chicken was way over-priced for portion and quality.

The gnocchi was average at best, I thought it was tasteless.

All this for a pricey $70 charge. To say the least we will not frequent anytime soon. In reading all the 5's I wonder what we missed ... it definitely was not a 5 for us. Really dis-appointed!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank LocalFocal
Highland, New York
“Added extra--new German menu”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Frank has now added a wonderful German menu, with meats from the famous "Elia's "meats.
All with all the trimmings . Including pretzel bread. So if your not into, steaks, burgers, pasta, seafood, ribs. Try the German food.

• Visited December 2013
Wallkill, NY
“REAL PORTERHOUSE AND NY SIRLOIN STEAK”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had a Porterhouse at Franks a few weeks ago.
It was a remarkable meal. The restaurant is a little dated but the food is still remarkable.
Porterhouse Steak, T-Bone Steak and NY SIRLOIN.
As I said I had the Porterhouse with a smashed potato and sweet carrots and red cabbage.
The potatoes were great the red cabbage was ok, the carrots were very buttery and sweet. Real good.
The Chef Elijah is an excellent Chef. It was not that busy I was surprised that it was that slow. I guess the Holiday season slows things down.
Great Job Frank.

• Visited November 2013
Brentwood, NH
“Great Steaks at a good price”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Franks place in the Hudson Valley isn't fancy but the service and atmosphere is friendly and attentive. Steaks are of a quality you would expect in a much more expensive type of place. I would highly recommend a visit to this establishment if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
elijah1003, Manager at Frank's Steak House, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us please like us on Facebook for promotions and specials