“Absolutely Wonderful Dining Experience!! ”
Review of Essex Inn

Essex Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Essex
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Essex Inn On The Adirondack Coast: Casual Fine Dining And Elegant Overnight Accommodations In A Newly Restored Historic Treasure. Private Parties, Luncheons, And Holiday Parties Available. Proudly Support Local Growers. Gluten-free Friendly. Open Year Round. Reservations Recommended. Also On Facebook.
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

A group of friends and I accidentally found this treasure when no other local eatery in Essex had availability last night. It was busy at the Essex Inn as well but Tom (our host and new owner of the Inn was so gracious and provided accommodations for us in the back yard patio fireplace area, until a table became available in the dining area. He treated us all like royalty, as if we were his only customers that night. I honestly have never been treated so well by any establishment in my life. All the staff were equally friendly and gracious. The food and dining atmosphere were exquisite. I will return to the Essex Inn as often as possible. I would recommend this wonderful experience to anyone. Don't miss it! Thank you Tom and Rochelle for going above and beyond our expectations!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

The Essex Inn doesn't always serve brunch (we went for Mother's Day), but when they do - go! You'll enjoy inventive, locally-sourced food, just as you would at dinner, but at a price that helps you decide to order that second dilly-bean-garnished Bloody Mary or Mimosa to enjoy on the porch. We had the Spinach Camembert Frittata with Forest Mushrooms and the Biscuits and Gravy with Mace Chasm Farm Sausage, both were delicious, as was the butterscotch coffee cake that held us over until our plates arrived. Looking forward to summer Sunday brunches!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Came here recently to celebrate a visit from a cousin who lives in the Boston area. This was her first visit to us in our new home in Essex, so we took her to the Essex Inn for dinner, the paradigm of old town eateries. Our meals were imaginatively prepared, with fresh ingredients; many were, of course, farm to table. So proud to be part of such a handsome hamlet and to show off what the hinterlands have to offer!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I have had the pleasure of dining here on multiple occasions. My first experience here was for a birthday dinner with friends. My favorite dish was the mussels, which was served with a savory red Italian sauce. The sauce alone was what sets this dish apart from others I have had at neighboring restaurants right across the lake. The dish paired perfectly with the Cabernet I enjoyed. Also, I must note that our party was quite large--being a birthday party and all--but everything was timely, delicious and our waitress maintained a calm, yet friendly demeanor the entire time. Bravo, this really goes along way with me and is not an easy task when serving such a large party.

The other two times that I dined were for food and beverage pairing events. The first being The Ausable Brewing Company and Essex Inn Beer Pairing. Everything from the local cheese plate to the apple crisp was delicious and the portions were perfect (not too large, since we're enjoying them with Ausuable beer). The second event was the Boyden Valley Winery and Essex Inn Wine Pairing. This was most memorable for me as I am a wine drinker at heart. Tom, the wine maker from Boyden was knowledgeable and engaging; the food and wine were both exceptional. We can't wait to return for another event.

Whether you're traveling to Essex, or want to venture off-the-beaten path and don't mind taking the ferry from Charlotte (It's only about 30 minutes) I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a delicious meal and quaint ambiance to match. Our only regret is that we haven't stayed here yet! But we look forward to doing so in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

We had dinner with friends and were impressed by the number of local people eating there. However the choice of restaurants in Essex at this time of year is limited. We started with a cheese platter which was good. However the butter fish was old and was returned to the kitchen. The beat salad and scallops were good.Would I go back? Probably given during the winter season, it will be the only restaurant open.

Been to Essex Inn? Share your experiences!