“Wonderful inn and beautiful location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Essex
Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Essex B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I travel professionally (80 to 100 hotels per year) but don't usually write reviews. We stayed here in late July for a wedding and the Essex Inn has remained in my mind since July as one of the premier stays. The staff is friendly, courteous and accomadating. Our room was comfortable, spacious and beautifully furnished. (I gathered ideas for decorating my own home while here.) Our room had refreshing AC for the summer visit and a romantic fireplace for winter stays. The front balcony (we had a private entrance from our room) offers lovely views. Mornings bring the smell of fresh baked goods, outstanding coffee and ample food selection in a common room. The inn also has an excellent restaurant for lunch and dinner and a gorgeous bar. I felt relaxed during the visit and refreshed afterward. The town of Essex is only a short, scenic ferry ride from Burlington, VT where we flew in and a great base for travel in the area. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanaS764

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The Essex Inn is the best! Great people, delicious food, wonderful atmosphere.
Very very clean! Looking forward to another visit .The biking is very easy with good roads and excellent terrain. Next time we would like to spend more time as there are so many different roads to travel.

Room Tip: It is all good! Very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Taking the ferry from Charlotte,Vt to Essex N.Y. is in itself a treat, but when you get to Essex you know you are at a special place. We had been to Essex a couple of times before, but just as a stop ova to stretch on our way to Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame. This time tho we had different plans and decided to spend a couple of nights at the Essex Inn. A very special Inn with wonderful hosts. The Essex Inn is wonderfully decorated with classic Adirondack furnishings. Chef Josh does wonders with his meals and his wife Gladys is a gracious host. We highly recommend this beautiful Inn.

Room Tip: Check the web site for description and images of the rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I just wanted to spoil myself in having a good supper on a saturday night. I wanted to experience it before I bring my wife at the earliest opportunity...

Wow... What a treat! Service is excellent and the food fabulous.

I had a great time and will not come back alone as I will return with friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This Inn offered friendly people, excellent food, wonderful service and a great night's sleep. Easy to find in Essex NY, near health club, near Lake Champlain, charming town, quaint shops... Very pleasant experience. Would return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is a gem located in the Adirondacks on Lake Champlain. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is even better. I tell everyone about this lovely restaurant. I'll be dining there again with friends in a few weeks. The prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The staff were so nice, as our reservation had to be sort of flexible due to us coming by boat and also due to illnesses. We made a reservation that day. They actually upgraded us at no charge to a nicer room because it was for our anniversary. The room was beautiful and very comfy. We had drinks at the bar, which were delicious and then dinner, which was excellent. Breakfast was ok... wished there were some vegetarian options, besides the muffins and fruit. Overall, a wonderful stay. I would totally go back to stay overnight or at least to have a great dinner.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast? Share your experiences!