“Adorable Inn! Perfect for a weekend getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Essex
Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Essex B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Adorable Inn! Perfect for a weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Essex Inn and we thoroughly impressed. It is very clean and well maintained. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had arrived well before the 3pm check-in time and they allowed us to check in early, no problem. We enjoyed cocktails in the rocking chairs on the porch before dinner and had a wonderful meal at the Tavern in the Inn. Also, they provide a complimentary breakfast, which is more than what you would expect for a free breakfast!

Inn is set in a very small, quiet town but was perfect for our getaway from the city!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nikki H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The food was awesome. The rooms were a little over priced but warm and clean. All of the staff were spot on with service! The morning breakfast was beyond perfect . For being one of the only places in town , they are at the next level.Staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chuck183
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I made a reservation for two rooms at the Essex Inn on February 19, 2013 for a trip to Lake Champlain on June 28, 2013 which I cancelled on March 7, 2013 (16 days). I expected to be charged the $35 cancellation fee despite the short time span between reservation and cancellation but was charged $70 instead. When I called to ask why I was told it was because I had booked two rooms for two nights and the amount of the charge for the rooms caused a $40 swipe fee to the inn. If the inn was being charged by the number of swipes I wonder why the reservation for the two rooms was made with two separate charges (swipes) which caused a fraud alert on my credit card!?!? Also, had this been a few days out from the date of arrival I might be more understanding but they have 3 1/2 months to fill these two rooms which is at the height of their season. So needless to say I am very disappinted with the double charge,
especially since this is nowhere in the inn's policy that they charge cancellation fees by the room rather than the reservation.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Darlene L
EssexInn, Business Lessee/Proprietor at Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Dear Darlene,

We understand that you are disappointed with our cancellation policy, and regret that we were not able to host you. I do wish to address a false statement in your posted review, however. You write that nowhere in our cancellation policy does it state that cancellation policies are per room rather than per reservation. This statement is untrue, and I think perhaps an honest mistake on your part. As protocol, when customers call to book we ask if they have seen our policy on the website, if not, we refer them to it and inform them of the policy. In addition, our cancellation policy is both posted on our website, and included in both of the booking confirmation emails you received, and clearly states exactly that "The cancellation policy is applicable per reserved room." You reserved two separate rooms, for three nights each. Guests who cancel before the 30 days have the option of cancelling the reservation and receiving a refund minus the processing fee, or applying the full amount toward a future stay within the next year. Such is also posted on our site and in confirmation emails sent upon booking. Also, when guests book online, they are asked to verify they have read and understood the policy before their booking goes through.

Again, we understand that you are disappointed with the policy, and we regret that we will not have the opportunity to host you, however, I did want to address the false statement in your review regarding the informative and transparent nature of our policy. Our offer to you to apply the fees toward a future stay still remains.

Warmest regards,
Gladys Archer
Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast
Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I travel professionally (80 to 100 hotels per year) but don't usually write reviews. We stayed here in late July for a wedding and the Essex Inn has remained in my mind since July as one of the premier stays. The staff is friendly, courteous and accomadating. Our room was comfortable, spacious and beautifully furnished. (I gathered ideas for decorating my own home while here.) Our room had refreshing AC for the summer visit and a romantic fireplace for winter stays. The front balcony (we had a private entrance from our room) offers lovely views. Mornings bring the smell of fresh baked goods, outstanding coffee and ample food selection in a common room. The inn also has an excellent restaurant for lunch and dinner and a gorgeous bar. I felt relaxed during the visit and refreshed afterward. The town of Essex is only a short, scenic ferry ride from Burlington, VT where we flew in and a great base for travel in the area. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DanaS764
Worthington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The Essex Inn is the best! Great people, delicious food, wonderful atmosphere.
Very very clean! Looking forward to another visit .The biking is very easy with good roads and excellent terrain. Next time we would like to spend more time as there are so many different roads to travel.

Room Tip: It is all good! Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
troy, maine
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Taking the ferry from Charlotte,Vt to Essex N.Y. is in itself a treat, but when you get to Essex you know you are at a special place. We had been to Essex a couple of times before, but just as a stop ova to stretch on our way to Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame. This time tho we had different plans and decided to spend a couple of nights at the Essex Inn. A very special Inn with wonderful hosts. The Essex Inn is wonderfully decorated with classic Adirondack furnishings. Chef Josh does wonders with his meals and his wife Gladys is a gracious host. We highly recommend this beautiful Inn.

Room Tip: Check the web site for description and images of the rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Bromont, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I just wanted to spoil myself in having a good supper on a saturday night. I wanted to experience it before I bring my wife at the earliest opportunity...

Wow... What a treat! Service is excellent and the food fabulous.

I had a great time and will not come back alone as I will return with friends.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essex
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Days Inn Shelburne/burlington

Been to Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast? Share your experiences!