“Great Stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Evans Mills
Manassas, Virginia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here a few months ago when we first got to the Fort Drum area and we had a very pleasant stay. Our room was nice and plenty big enough for just the 2 of us. There is a Super Wal-Mart next store so that is very convenient. The staff is wonderful and always addressed any of our needs. The hotel is also pet friendly and has wi-fi. The kitchenette and full size refrigerator came in handy for meals. We stayed for 3 weeks while we were looking for a place to live and overall we were happy with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mount Horeb
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great location. Stayed here for 6 months contracting. 1 bedroom suite was more than accommodating. For a family of 3 with pet, it met our needs perfect, due to limited housing in the area- it was the next best thing. Staff went above and beyond, took the time to learn and call us by name, and ensured we felt like it was our home--for 180 days:) Good location- 10 minutes to Drum, and conveniently located to restaurants and big box stores for everyday needs.
They did a great job for us and should be recognized for their professionalism.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Fremont, California
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed in a Candlewwood. I like their green emphasis. This room seemed a little smaller than the last room. There was only about six inches on one side of the bed and no nightstand. I would have arranged it a little differently but the headboard is attached to the wall.

Still the kitchenette saved us a little money as we cooked most breakfasts and suppers.

• Stayed June 2013
new york
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel is home to many Fort Drum contractors like me, who are sent here for weeks and even months at a time, as well as a stopping point for many soldiers and their families on their way in or out. Staying so long in a hotel provides a lot of opportunity to observe and experience what makes a visit of any length a positive one. The staff here, on the whole, work tirelessly to provide that positive experience, whether for one night or one hundred, with special sensitivity to military family and worker needs. This includes front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and management. In particular, Alan, Melissa and Cathy at the front desk and Barbara in housekeeping are outstanding. Melissa's smile in the morning and Alan's at night have made very hard days bearable for me - sometimes it's such little things that make a place special. Or a cookie from Cathy, or Barb finding a lost earring in my room after it had been missing for a month. Although I can't wait to go "home home," I'll miss being cared for at Candlewood. If you have to visit or work at Fort Drum, stay here. The staff will help make whatever you're going through easier.

Room Tip: Quieter in the back and up high, sunnier in the front.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I came to this hotel from a long drive from Florida. I was greeted by a nice women named Melissa. I had checked in then later found I had a problem with my toilet. I called down to the front desk and was greeted by Nicole she had informed me maintenance was leaving soon and didn't want to bother them with the issue.. I found the maintenance man doing his rounds and I asked him if he could look at my toilet. He stopted what he was doing and fixed it in no time at all. I work for a construction company an offered him a full time position on my team he replied back that he loved his job and couldn't be happier anywhere else. I just want to say I don't think u could find a better maintenance guy that was as professional as Lee was or as skilled as he is. Im very happy to say I will be staying here every time I'm in the area. Even though I had an issue with Nicole. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I travel a lot for work and stayed at the Candlewood Suites Watertown/Fort Drum and found that it is a great place to stay. Melissa and Cathy who work at the front desk are very friendly, competent, and extremely hard working they made my stay here very enjoyable, almost like a home away from home. The maintenance personnel, especially Kyle, and cleaning staff are very efficient and always willing to lend a hand. Overall a really great place to stay one that I would stay at again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Was told that most hotels in Ft Drum have thin walls, but this one was different. Seems like its a great hotel. But I had a few problems. One was the wake up call I did not recieve...but I was woken up once the neighbor made a noise thru the wall. I had no idea what that noise was. I got ready to go, started shaving and turned on the hot water. Then I heard that noise. It was the pipes in the wall from the hot water. The room number was 320, in case management is reading. Of course no breakfast, so I got a subway sandwich at the nearby Walmart.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Divebabydive
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Leray-Watertown, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear jetlag89,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is delightful to know that you found our property to be convenient for your needs. I am sorry your stay was negatively affected by the noise levels that you experienced. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Hampton Inn Watertown
Hampton Inn Watertown
#2 of 14 in Watertown
1000 Islands Harbor Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites Leray-Watertown? Share your experiences!