“Great Stay..”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Evans Mills
New York City, New York
“Great Stay..”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night during our visit to 1000 Islands. Being a long weekend, we couldn't get any hotels in Alexandria Bay area, so decided to give it a try. And we are very happy to have chosen this hotel. It's around 25-30 miles from Alexandria Bay and is well connected to the highway. The hotel is next to a shopping complex and a Wal-Mart Super Center.

We booked a 1 bedroom suite through their website. The room had all the modern amenities along with the kitchenette area. Wi-fi reception was good.

Our stay was very comfortable and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RohitD2k1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
north bay ontario
Reviewed 20 May 2014

wow. is the only word well excellent fantastic and the list can go on.
I stay at many different hotels when we travel on a yearly basis, I also work at a hotel as well so I know what I want when I go somewhere.
This hotel hit every point possible from friendly, welcoming and helpful staff to a great, beautiful and comfortable room. we had a room with two double beds a desk, lazy boy chair and kitchenette. I mean what more can you ask for. We went down to taco bell and brought back dinner but the 24/7 Wal-Mart is right across the parking lot so go there pick up food and come back to make it. There is a dollar tree in the same area as well as a buffet restaurant, payless shoes.
You can even borrow a movie from the front desk to watch in your room. The selection is amazing as well, there are pages and pages to go through to find what your looking to watch.

They have free coffee and tea in the cupboard store but you can purchase other items as well, snacks, tv dinners etc.

When I have to travel back to the area I will be definitely staying again. I will also consider other candlewood properties in other areas when traveling.

I just want to say thank you for a great stay, it was the icing to the cake for a great weekend away with my family.

For reviewers of this little memo- please don't think I am kidding or exaggerating. it was a great stay and I know you will enjoy to.

oh and the trip into Watertown for ponderosa or Kmart is like 12 minutes -very close and well worth it

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kirscha S
new york
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Starting in January 2012, I've lived at this hotel about 80% of each year and expect to remain through June 2014, as a DoD subcontractor. There has been some staff turnover since my first review, and I expect there always will be here, but somehow things keep running as efficiently as ever. The housekeeping remains spotless. The front desk staff is always ready to help, courteous and concerned. When we were snowed in for almost three days, some staff couldn't get home, and others couldn't make it in. The teamwork and patience they demonstrated during that difficult time really impressed me, especially since I've witnessed similar crises at other hotels that were handled very differently. I'm writing now both to thank the staff for their hard work - especially the housekeepers, the maintenance crew, Melissa (day) and Demetrius (night) at the front desk - and to remind potential guests choosing a Fort Drum option that this hotel specializes in extended stays, though it's perfectly fine for only a night. Sometimes I hear guests complain there's no pool, or free breakfast, or restaurant. There are many other hotels in the area that offer those amenities. But if you value cleanliness, quiet, efficiency, a cheerful greeting from Melissa when you come downstairs, and especially if you need a home away from home, you can't do better than this Candlewood Suites. I feel fortunate to have landed here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank nellike
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The manager Sandy was rude and unprofessional. Anything but helpful to Soldiers staying there. One Soldier returned from deployment and needed a ride to the airport in Syracuse, she didn't offer any help. He almost missed his flight, except I ended up driving him to Syracuse. I was told one thing when I checked in (which is hotel policy) and the next day Sandy said something totally wrong and wanted to overcharge me. I ended up leaving after only a couple of days and got much better treatment and free breakfast right across the street at Days Inn!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank pirate4bird
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear pirate4bird,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pembroke, ON
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The first thing we noticed was how clean everything was. It had recently snowed and the walkways and lobby were free from any signs of it. The front desk girl was friendly and had our check-in information all ready for us when we got there. There is no restaurant on site and I was surprised to receive a breakfast gift bag which contained a bottle of water, an apple, granola bar and a muffin. She also explained there was free coffee, tea and muffins available in the morning and how the pantry worked. She asked us if we were Black Friday shopping and pointed out complimentary advertisement bundles that were available. What a great touch!

Our room was extremely clean and looked brand new. This is the second Candlewood I've stayed at where the pictures on the website looked exactly like what I saw when I walked into the room.

The only disappointing part was the people above us. I'm not sure if they had animals or small children but they enjoyed stomping around quite a bit like they were wearing cement shoes. It wasn't bad enough to complain to the front desk, but merely annoying. Next time I reserve I'll request a higher floor to avoid this from happening again.

We came and went from the hotel a few times throughout our stay and the front desk always greeted us with a smile and a hello whenever we entered or exited. It was a very positive experience overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor to avoid noise from people/pets above.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Clover, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed at this property last night with my family and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. When traveling with our young children we do like to have at least a refridgerator so we enjoyed having the kitchenette in our room. Another reason I booked this hotel was I am a priority club member and the other IHG hotels in the area did not offer two queen beds. I have not been overly impressed with CS brand in the past but this CS was fantastic. It was clean and bright and still feels brand new. It's easy to find, convenient to WalMart and the front desk staff was kind and welcoming. The walls are a bit thin, I also heard some of the noises a previous reviewer mentioned but it was only when I was awake, it was not enough to wake me up. I would very much recommend this property to others, especially the contract workers to Ft. Drum.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BeccaAir
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here a few months ago when we first got to the Fort Drum area and we had a very pleasant stay. Our room was nice and plenty big enough for just the 2 of us. There is a Super Wal-Mart next store so that is very convenient. The staff is wonderful and always addressed any of our needs. The hotel is also pet friendly and has wi-fi. The kitchenette and full size refrigerator came in handy for meals. We stayed for 3 weeks while we were looking for a place to live and overall we were happy with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Watertown
#2 of 14 in Watertown
Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Fairfield Inn & Suites Watertown Thousand Islands

Been to Candlewood Suites Watertown Fort Drum? Share your experiences!