“Birthday Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Compane....A Brick Oven Bistro

Compane....A Brick Oven Bistro
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Fairport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Been open for about a year now. Excellent. Would like to write a review.
Fairpoprt
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was in the mood for a Wood Fired Pizza , and there were a few choices in Fairport. I chose Compane , and I am glad I did. The Family ordered the Fried Calamari and Arincini appetizers. Excellent! For Our meals we ordered Chicken Parm( It was a HUGE portion) Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce and Bolognese (Delicious and tender) and we ordered two Pizzas. Pancetta , mushrooms and Mozarella, and a Mozzarella, Basil and Pepperoni. Perfectly cooked, thin crust, crispy at the edges. A great dinner for all, and Lunch( leftovers)

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kirk B

Victor, New York
“Very nice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We tried Compane after seeing it on Trip Advisor. It was very nice, but a little pricey. Their Artichoke French is by fare the best I have ever had. The atmosphere is nice and exactly what you would expect from a Bistro type style. The service was great and the food was very good. We will return and sample the restaurant again.

• Visited April 2014
Fairport, New York
“Not what you deserve”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Have stopped in to eat at compane twice in the past three months. Atmosphere is mediocre, consistency of food is poor and service forced!
For Italian owners and not their first resturant, you would expect higher quality and more variety.
I would suggest others like sister restaurants Prosseco and limoncello before compane!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ontario, New York
“Excellent Italian dining choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Compane was recommended to us by friends who had dined there. My husband & I choose not to eat out very often because we have been disappointed so many times, by either food or service in various restaurants. We found Compane to be an exception to all my previous poor dining experiences!
Compane has a casual atmosphere, clean, upscale, and welcoming. The bar area in front appears pleasant, with shiny wooden floors, high tables & stools, or the bar itself to sit at. The hostess took us to a cozy dining room, just past the bar area. We passed the delightfully scented wood-burning pizza oven on our way. This room has deep red walls and is dimly lit for ambiance.
We ordered dinners and the waitress brought us fresh bread with a little olive oil dip plate. We ordered wine & our bottle was brought promptly & served well. Shortly, our dinners arrived. My husband had pasta frutta de mar ($24) (mussels, shrimp, scallops over pasta) with red sauce. The platter was very attractive and care was taken to arrange the food nicely. The portion was generous enough to satisfy. My plate was veal parmigiana ($20), over pasta, with red sauce- this was a very generous portion of perfectly breaded & fried tender veal. The sauce was prepared as we prefer- with some chunky bits of tomato & garlic, and the overall palette was of quality freshness. The sauce was generous enough to moisten all the pasta; I am disappointed when the pasta runs dry at the end! (I required a take-home box for part of my dinner.)
The waitress checked on our satisfaction & refilled our wine glasses for us. She did not pester incessantly. We did not experience the noise level some reviewers referred to. Perhaps this smaller dining area is somewhat "protected", although the entrance & bar are still in view. Our dinner was on a Tuesday evening.
I would not hesitate to return to Compane, and perhaps try the pizza. I found nothing negative to say about our visit and give this restaurant an A+.

• Visited February 2014
Rochester, New York
“The best restaurant in the Rochester Metro Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The brick oven pizza was one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten. I got the Potter Place which was creating your own pizza. The appetizer was deep oven bread and salad. The bread was nice and crispy and the salad with the oil and vinaigrette was to die for! If your getting a pizza and eat at the restaurant you can watch the cooks make your pizza! Prices aren't bad either. And ask for Kristina to wait on you. She's the daughter of the owners and she's my TEACHER! This restaurant is to die for!

• Visited September 2013