“Not A Chance” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lollypop Farm
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Fairport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Established in 1873, Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester, is the largest animal welfare organization helping pets and people in the Greater Rochester area. We encourage families of all ages to visit the shelter and our outdoor Farm Yard Petting Area and Walk, which offer educational displays to help people of all ages learn more about the many different animals for whom we care. Our campus also includes a network of Nature trails, and we are adjacent to Egypt Park that includes a pavilion and playground as well. Inside, visitors are welcome to visit the animals and shop in our gift shop. With a main campus located in Fairport and several other adoption centers throughout the community, the organization provides shelter, care, and adoption for dogs, cats, small animals, birds, reptiles, horses, and other farm animals. Other services available include Humane Law Enforcement, Dog Training, Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Services, Pet Supplies and Gifts, Pet Assisted Therapy, Humane Education and Camps, and Behavior Advice. Lollypop Farm is an independent nonprofit organization supported entirely by contributions from the community.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not A Chance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I also surrendered my 4 year old lab on Dec. 6, 2013, she did have some issues, but my husband and I had decided we missed her so much, that we were willing to send her to a Behavioral Camp... She was surrendered at 11:00am on 12/6/2013 and that evening when we called to get her back, they told us we could not have her..... Euthanized???? give me a break, not even 12 hours.... I always admired Lollypop, however I am extremely disappointed that my pretty girl, did not have a chance....
I hate myself for what she must have felt>>>>

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Linda W

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Stay away.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

They killed my one year old lab mastiff mix without giving me a chance to take him back. All within a week. The dog never bit anyone and didn't have a mean bone in his body. He was hyper and needed more room to run then we could give him and now he's dead. I'll be an advocate against this place for the rest of my life.

Visited November 2013
8 Thank MBoorom
Fairport, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great place for the kids and animal lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great day trip for the kids in the summer or stop in to see the cats and dogs any time of year. The new cat rooms are great if you are looking to adopt a cat. There are also dogs and other animals for adoption and in the warmer weather there is a farm walk where the kids can see goats, sheep, and other animals.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank DonG569
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Animal shelter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

No a place to visit unless you are trying to save pet from death. I wish lollipop farms was No kill shelter but the reality is sad.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Elvit
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“the dark side of lollipop farms”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The latest information about surrendering your pets to lollipop farms so they will get adopted into a new family is not so good. One family checked in 24 hours after surrendering their pet and found that it had already been euthanized. It might be a nice little free zoo to take the children, but please don't take your loved pets there for re-homing.

Visited September 2013