“Very well taken care of”
Review of Lollypop Farm

Lollypop Farm
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Fairport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Established in 1873, Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester, is the largest animal welfare organization helping pets and people in the Greater Rochester area. We encourage families of all ages to visit the shelter and our outdoor Farm Yard Petting Area and Walk, which offer educational displays to help people of all ages learn more about the many different animals for whom we care. Our campus also includes a network of Nature trails, and we are adjacent to Egypt Park that includes a pavilion and playground as well. Inside, visitors are welcome to visit the animals and shop in our gift shop. With a main campus located in Fairport and several other adoption centers throughout the community, the organization provides shelter, care, and adoption for dogs, cats, small animals, birds, reptiles, horses, and other farm animals. Other services available include Humane Law Enforcement, Dog Training, Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Services, Pet Supplies and Gifts, Pet Assisted Therapy, Humane Education and Camps, and Behavior Advice. Lollypop Farm is an independent nonprofit organization supported entirely by contributions from the community.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking
Syracuse, New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Very well taken care of”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have been going to this place since I was a small child. The animals are very well taken care of and for the most part they seem happy. By that I mean some of these dogs are older and they just were abandoned by the ones they love. We would take all of them if we had the room.

Visited February 2014

Yonkers, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A great place to learn about animals and see a model rescue in action”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Clean friendly animals well loved and taken care of. Outdoor and indoor exhibits. Great model animal rescue site with cat rooms.

Visited December 2013
Rochester, New York
906 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 964 helpful votes
“Fun to walk through”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I hadn't been to Lollypop Farms in ages, but I passed through today just to see all that's changed. They have greatly increased the size of the place, and have added large wings for dogs, cats, and other "barn" animals. I was impressed with the efforts they make to get animals adopted, even though some of them looked like they'd been through a lot in their lives. Lots of rabbits and birds for adoption, too, to the right families.

I left a contribution for these folks on the way out, as they provide free spaying services to all who need it. This is a great place to take the kids, especially in the summer when they can visit with the bigger animals outside. I highly recommend it.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Larry W
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not A Chance”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I also surrendered my 4 year old lab on Dec. 6, 2013, she did have some issues, but my husband and I had decided we missed her so much, that we were willing to send her to a Behavioral Camp... She was surrendered at 11:00am on 12/6/2013 and that evening when we called to get her back, they told us we could not have her..... Euthanized???? give me a break, not even 12 hours.... I always admired Lollypop, however I am extremely disappointed that my pretty girl, did not have a chance....
I hate myself for what she must have felt>>>>

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Linda W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Stay away.”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

They killed my one year old lab mastiff mix without giving me a chance to take him back. All within a week. The dog never bit anyone and didn't have a mean bone in his body. He was hyper and needed more room to run then we could give him and now he's dead. I'll be an advocate against this place for the rest of my life.

Visited November 2013