“Love this place!”

Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in Fairport
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: In the heart of the village of Fairport. We proudly offer our full service restaurant with a beautiful dining room and canal side deck. We offer dine in, facilities for your events, catering service, and take out.
Penfield, New York
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had stopped here for lunch while bicycling along the canal one summer day, & decided to return for dinner last month. A great find! An nice dinner menu, wine and great coffee along with some good local music made for a wonderful Friday evening! Definitely will be back!

• Visited February 2014

rochester ny
“Good food, not so great service”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were there with a large party for a business gathering. The restaurant set us up in our own room which was nice. We were given some choices of entrees in advance, and I chose a steak. Once we arrived and were seated, my drink order was taken and I was asked how I would like my steak cooked. Baskets of bread and salads were served and I asked for a glass of water with my wine. Our entrees were served and my meat was quite undercooked based on my request. I ate some of it and eventually was asked if I'd like it cooked more, but declined as I had eaten enough. The steak did have a good flavor; I just really wish it had been prepared as ordered. The strange part of the service was, only some of the party was asked if they would like sour cream with their baked potatoes; other people gave up and asked for it. My water was never refilled and I wasn't asked if I wanted another glass of wine. Coffee and dessert was never offered to anyone at our end of the room, but others at the party received it. There were 2-3 servers at various times, so I'm not really sure what happened. Maybe a miscommunication about who was supposed to do what functions? Hopefully this was not the norm for them, because if it is I would think that return business would be hard to come by.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank mykidsm0m
Rochester, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Alexander conquered me”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Thursday, October 17, my friend and I stopped in for a bite and were bitten instead. The Shrimp panini/spinach/feta appetizer with a balsamic reduction whetted our appetites with more flavor and textures than we usually get in a whole meal. The Chicken Alexander, a feta/spinach stuffed whole breast, was cooked perfectly; juicy white meat with a crispy, light, well seasoned coating. The chicken was served on a bed of fetuccini with vodka blush sauce, also well seasoned.. SO delicious I actually tipped Chef Erika. She deserved it!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Deb D
Fairport, New York
“Great view, lift bridge, boats on the Erie Canal, and good food.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Whether I'm in the mood for just a drink, a sandwich, or a full dinner, I love stopping here. Right in the village of Fairport NY on the Erie Canal. Ambiance to spare on the outdoor deck! Never rushed, so you can sit and watch the traffic on the canal and see the bridge operate. They do have music on some evenings, so you might want to call if you really want peace and quiet. In the winter, the coffee shop and intimate dining room are also recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Julie O
“An Exciting Way to Top of the Day”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After a wonderful cruise on the Colonial Belle, 3 of my friends and I decided we wanted to have a cup of coffee to top off a wonderful afternoon. We found the Towpath Cafe and we loved it. Although we only had something drink, we really enjoyed sitting outside on the deck and chatting. It was great and I would recommend it highly!

• Visited August 2013