“Special evening dinner spot”

Horizons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Horizons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Fairport
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: View, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodcliff Drive
Pittsford, New York
“Special evening dinner spot”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

A good spot within Woodcliff hotel for an upscale dinner. It's a good choice for a special evening to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. It's a bit pricey but worth it as food & service is excellent & decor is elegant.

• Visited February 2013

Victor, New York
“Food was average at best, service was a mess”
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Average means I enjoyed it, but wouldn't go out of my way to eat it again. The veal Oscar was said to be the best on the menu...meh. And the service was horrendous; disjointed, not present, just a mess. They are refurbishing the restaurant, so the dining room is off of the lobby...abutting the checking for the hotel which was loud and a mess as well. Wish they would have warned us, the business dinner was difficult to hold with all the hockey kids running by.

The bar was a joke...tiny and squished in. Lets hope they redo the whole system of dining with this new revamp. Maybe get a better chef while their at it.

Rochester NY
“Very Shoddy Experience”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have always been impressed by Horizons and Woodcliff (the hotel it's in) in general, however I have had to revise my opinion. We planned a birthday celebration at this usually classy restaurant and reserved a table. When we arrived we were told the restaurant was closed for remodeling and were shown to a table in a part of the hotel lobby that had "turned into" a restaurant. We were never told this was going to be the case when we had reserved the week before.

So right from the start we were unhappy at the circumstance and felt like we had been hustled in order to maximize Horizon/Woodcliff profits.

The food was very good In fact it may have been better than other times I have been there.

But then the check came. There was not 1, not 2, but 3 items in error on our check. Huh? I have eaten all over the world and never seen anything like this. Deliberate? I don't know, but it was an amateur play in what should have been a highly professional experience. Yes, it was taken care of, but there was no credit given for the mistakes, just a reduction from the bill.

I will not be eating at this restaurant again, even in the remodeled facility.

• Visited February 2013
“Delectable.”
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

Delicious as always! We had scallops for an appetizer. My boyfriend had strip steak and he said it was cooked perfectly. I had salmon (my first time) and it was so tasty!! Everything was perfect, out waitress was polite and proffesional. Great place for a special occasion.

Rochester, New York
“Simply Fabulous”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I love coming here although I always seem too when the days are short so I don't get to experience the fantastic view that is to be had.
We got the pleasure of experiencing a new menu. I ordered the rack of lamb and I can not think of one bad thing to say...it was cooked perfectly. My daughter ordered the strip steak again beautifully done. Desert was out of this world...we shared some sort of tiramisu with 23 k gold topping it. OMG...It was out of this world.
Live entertainment was provided by Gap Mangione on the piano and I think at the time we were leaving there were other band members setting up. This is a definite place to go for a night out.

Visited November 2012