“Beautiful dining room but otherwise doesn't live up to apparent ambitions.”
Review of Glengarry Grill - CLOSED

Glengarry Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Some few days after dinner at this restaurant I am still confused. The dining room is warm, full of natural light and appears meticulously painted and decorated. I might characterize it as spare, upscale farmhouse style. So with that first impression I'm having trouble reconciling my experience with my expectations. The service was both eager and earnest. I truly think our waiter came over every two minutes to ask how things were or to see what else he could do. I appreciate the effort, but it came across, unfortunately, as unpolished, the product of an eager-to-please nature with poor training. We had appetizers, salad (which was inexplicably served before the appetizers) and entrees, all of which were enormous. The Caesar salad was slathered in dressing, and, while it was served on a reasonably-sized salad plate, the mound of salad must have been 6 inches high. We ended up taking almost all of our entrees home, as we were stuffed after the second course. While my companion is a light eater, I am most assuredly not, and I am capable of putting away a lot of food. I guess I'd say that other than the appearance of the dining room, everything about the experience reminded me of an Appleby's. I'm not sure I'd go back for dinner, but I might try it for lunch if it's open (not sure).

1  Thank Heather086

Reviewed 28 January 2013

A group of 11 of us went on Saturday evening and it was FANTASTIC! The food was excellent, the staff was refreshingly attentive, friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere was soothing and inviting with a warm fireplace and a live jazz duo playing. The music was a great addition to the atmosphere and one of our group mentioned wanting a CD of their music which they gladly gave her for free.
This place is highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Ate the beef Bourgogne special with asparagus. The beef was tough, over cooked and the sauce was too thick. Asparagus was mushy. Wife had the haddock dish and found multiple bones. My sister indicated her filet was not cooked right too. Waitress was nice but tried too hard.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife and I had dinner on a Saturday night when it wasn't awfully busy. Food was OK and live entertainment was good. We were put on the second level with only one or two other groups at any point in time. Waitress rarely came up. Food was not warm ... I suspect it took her a while to bring it up. It took a long time for them to "find" the special wine that was advertised. I didn't get my wine until I was done with my meal. Then the check was a long wait.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had a WONDERFUL dining experience at the Glengarry Grill last night, FRANK our waiter was excellent, he even took our picture with his cell phone & sent it to us, because my camera died.... Great food, Excellent waiter and the music by Night Fall was very enjoyable..... Thanks again, Wendy,Melanie,Jodee,Kate & Diane.