“Fresh, Good tasting and filling Indian fare in a 2nd tier suburban mall”
Review of Tandoor of India

Tandoor of India
Ranked #11 of 99 Restaurants in Fairport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsford, New York
“Fresh, Good tasting and filling Indian fare in a 2nd tier suburban mall”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Without going into the buffet culinary features, which I think may change or rotate on a regular basis, and of which recommendations really depend on the personal taste buds and dining experiences of the guests, let me just say it is a welcome addition to the Perinton dining scene for Tandoor of India, nestled away from outside visibility in Perinton Square Mall, to have just opened. A sibling restaurant to the well established Tandoor of India in Henrietta, NY (and a cousin of the justly praised Thali of India also in the Henrietta suburbs), it features newly redecorated decor, bright and inviting furnishings, and excellent variety of Indian cuisine with meat dishes and vegetarian dishes. I will have to go again to get the Palak Paneer (spinach creamy dish). My taste is not for very spicy food and my selections reflected same. The site is in a quiet suburban mall, definitely out of the mainstream (anchor department store tenants departed decades ago) that has been surviving with an amalgam of dining, service (beauty and hair salons), fast foods, service offices for driving schools, dance academy, a drug retail store, and adjacent supermarket and McDonalds, a Fairport Perinton local retail hub bringing steady traffic in the Pittsford-Macedon Road and Highway 250 business intersection.

• Visited July 2014
TandoorFairport, Owner at Tandoor of India, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear BZT,
Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate it. Hope to see you soon.

Rochester, New York
“A hidden Gem in Fairport, NY Perinton Square Mall!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My BFF and I met between Clifton Springs and Hilton and wanted Indian! We could not have been more pleased with the food, service and setting! I had made a reservation but didn't need one on a Friday evening. Although the dining room had a constant trickle there was a booming take out business!

The server was so very nice and friendly and noted they were pending their liquor license in a weeks time! I so nicely suggested if they could get Tito's Vodka and he had me write down the name!

The appetizers Samosa's and Cauliflower Pecora was great! I had Tikkaa Masala and my BFF had Chicken Curry - both delicious with fragrant Basmati Rice...

We were so full so no desert but the menu looked delicious as well...They had a larger room if you wanted to have a private party, the restaurant setting was comfortable and the bathrooms were very clean! :)

If you wanted something you could walk out of the restaurant and right over to Abbott's in the mall as well.

Worth taking the time to find and you will not be sorry from enjoying great Indian cuisine to wonderful service! Looking forward to going back soon and hopefully can have a Tito's Vodka this time! :)

1 Thank BonnieLL
TandoorofIndia, Owner at Tandoor of India, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Bonnie,
Thank you for the review. We appreciate it a lot. looking forward to meet you again.
Please do let us know is anything we can do to enhance your experience with us more pleasing.

Thanks again from Tandoor of India team....
Its from Tandoor Our Heart....

Raj
“Best Authentic Indian in town”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I don't like Indian food because is too spicy for my taste but this place is good. Yes, all the dishes are hot but well done. The lunch buffet is great, lots of variety and flavors.

Dear Elvit,
Thank you for your patience and your support for Tandoor of India.
When you are coming in let me know, if you want to try out different things we can explore things together. Also let me know if you need any extra hot sauce to try at home. Or if you have time we can cook together your favorite dish to see how it evolves. Let me know.

Thanks again from Tandoor of India team....
Its from Tandoor Our Heart....