“Good food, other parts of the dining needed a little help” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 96 Restaurants in Fairport
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated Italian bistro located in Faiport, New York, featuring traditional and contemporary Italian dishes, brick oven pizzas, paninis and wraps, and fresh salads. All items made in-house, to order, using fresh, local ingredients. In addition to in-house dining and take-outs, we also offer catering and semi-private dining for events. Come see us for Happy Hour and enjoy our awesome drink specials and half-priced pizzas and appetizers!
Rochester, New York
1,884 restaurant reviews
“Good food, other parts of the dining needed a little help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've eaten here on a number of occasions, and I've always enjoyed the food here. Last night was no exception; seafood diablo that consisted of lots of seafood (shrimp, calamari, etc.), served over linguini. It was very nice, and I did enjoy it. They even customized my meal because I cannot eat mussels, so they substituted a number of extra shrimp instead, which was very nice of them.

My only complain about this meal was that I felt very rushed at the end. I'm normally the first one finished in my family, but last night I was the last one to finish. The waitress took everyone else's plates and put the bill in front of me while I was still eating. I don't know...maybe I was just tired and cranky, but I felt like I was being asked to leave already.

One other thing you need to know about this restaurant. If you are a "plus-sized" person, do NOT get a booth. Get a table instead. I'm not that big, but yet I am squeezed in the booths, so just a heads up.

Anyway, this is a good restaurant that serves good food at very reasonable process. I do recommend it.

• Visited July 2014

Ontario
“Not good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We checked into our hotel late and stepped out for a bite to eat. We arrived at around 9.30 and were seated promptly. That was the end of the good service. We waited and waited to even be looked at. The server arrived and took our drink orders and we gave her our menu choices at the same time as we were all tired. Fifteen minutes later our drinks arrive and our meals still no show finally after at least another fifteen to twenty minutes three of our dinners arrive and the other person is obligated to wait another five to ten minutes. We did not order difficult meals and the food was below average. We had to deliver some real signs of annoyance to get this bad service,

Visited July 2014
Victor, New York
“Very nice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

this was our first visit and it was very good. They have a nice selection of italian staples, but also offer a number of daily specials. The food and service very good. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable and provided my wife with a great recommendation. The kids menu is pretty standard. We enjoyed our visit and will visit again.

• Visited July 2014
Fairport, New York
“Great spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food has been consistently good and the portions are huge! We go here once every few months and hope to enjoy their patio this summer more often!

• Visited March 2014
Rochester, New York
“Excellent food, large portions, terrific service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We met friends here who are regulars and came away very impressed. The service was attentive and the meals were large, delicious and flavorful. My veal parm was perfectly cooked and the home-made sauce was superb. My wife was impressed with her fish dish. The desserts looked yummy, but we were just too full for any! We'll definitely have to come back.

• Visited February 2014