“Excellent Property for Business Travellers” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Property for Business Travellers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Strictly business. Was down to see clients and was there for 1 night. My client recommened the Woodcliff for a joint dinner that night. From the wine selection, to the meal, I had the lamb (delicious!!), five star experience. I ended up having all my meals at the hotel, all to perfection.

For those travellers that are early risers like myself, coffee in the room is passable and starbucks (opens at 6 am) in the lobby.

All in all, great hotel and will definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick_McKeown, General Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Woodcliff Hotel & Spa as well as Horizons Restaurant. We look forward to hosting you again.

Rick McKeown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I finally had two nights away from our three kids, all under the age of five. We were looking forward to a solid nights sleep that we hadn't had in years. We commented on this at check-in to try and get a room were we could be minimally disturbed. The first night was a disaster. A wedding party decided to be rude and loud, roaming the hallways making all kinds of noise until 2:30AM. While I totally do not fault the hotel for that, the auto-closing doors for each room slam shut. My wife and I jumped every time a door was closed. The slamming was impossible to sleep through.

The next morning, we went to the front desk and explained our issues, and credit to the hotel, they moved us to a different room. Now on the night of the wedding that was happening at the hotel, and in our new room, we could hear the music from the forth floor, and still jumped every time anyone entered or left their room due to the door slamming.

They really need to fix this issue. The rooms were beautiful and clean, but we could NOT sleep because of the doors. I've never stayed at a hotel that I was so disturbed in the middle of the night by slamming doors. Needless to say, my wife an I will not be spending our "getaway" time here again. left more tired than when we arrived.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jonbrussell,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise levels during your stay. We understand the value of a good night sleep and currently we are adding door closers and door seals to enhance the soundproofing of our rooms.

We appreciate your feedback and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience and a future visit.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Traveled to the Woodcliff to see a jazz show in the lounge and have dinner. From check-in to check-out everything was great! Had dinner in the lounge and had probably the best pork belly ever! The chef really knows what he/she is doing! The room was great and the bed was so comfortable. The shower was really great too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Rochester/Finger Lakes area. As an added bonus, the view from the hotel is spectacular.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear SJCallahan,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you had an opportunity to use the entire facility. It was great to have Jimmy Cavallo and Gap Mangione on the same stage once again. What an exciting weekend. We were so fortunate to have them.
We look forward to having you visit with us again.

Thanks again,
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Chanel Sneed -Front Desk Agent at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa far exceeded our expectations while staying in Rochester, NY. We would like to thank her personally for making our stay most enjoyable and we will return to this hotel because of her customer service and can do attitude.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jackie R
Dear Jackie R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and share your experience on Tripadvisor.com. Chanel is a great asset to Woodcliff Hotel & Spa and we have shared your comments with her and the rest of the staff.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Queensbury, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel appears as if it could be promising yet after a long business day it couldn't be more opposite!
My room was standard, nothing special and dated ( read all previous reviews ) the toilet was older and stained. I didn't want to look closer.
I decided to book a "spa" massage which was one comedy error after another. The waiting room is full of misc. furniture making it awkward to move or relax and the front desk girl seemed uninterested or busy with something else to properly check me in! When I started to talk she interrupted me (I was the only one in the place) and signaled to wait.
The next morning when mentioning this to whom I thought was the GM he listened half-heartedly as if it really did not matter and said he would follow up on the matter.I never heard from him and never will (again read all past reviews) I receive an apology. This stay was uncomfortable and if returning to the area for another meeting I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chop k
Rick_McKeown, General Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear chop K,

Thank you for posting your feedback and experience on Tripadvisor.com. At Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, our staff takes tremendous pride in our guest experience. We strive to provide exceptional service and attention to detail.
Please accept my sincere apology for any frustrations that may have occured. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in regards to your stay and overall experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Union Springs, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I spent the night at the Woodcliff to celebrate his birthday recently. The hotel is clean and very nice. We enjoyed the pool area and the hot tub. The sheets and towels all smelled very clean, which always is a plus!
I casually mentioned to the front desk attendant that we were there to celebrate his birthday, when she asked for the reason for our visit. About 2 hours later there was a knock at the door and a gentleman with 2 slices of delicious cheesecake and a couple bottles of really good spring water for us, all free of charge. Nice touch!!
I would definitely stay here again, maybe even take the kids there.
We were offered a room overlooking the valley, it was very nice.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the valley.