“Exceptional Service and Perfect Getaway!”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent 2 nights here for our Honeymoon, and even though it wasn't far from home, it was the perfect escape. The suite was amazing, and the views were great. Every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful, definitely went above and beyond. The entire hotel was clean and well kept. The spa experience was even better then expected. No disappointments at all! Highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Felice483,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am so glad to hear that your Honeymoon spent at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa was enjoyable. The hotel prides itself in the breathtaking views offered from our location as well the exceptional service provided by all of our staff.

We appreciate your feedback and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience and a future visit.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have eight children and this year had been quite a challenge. We desperately needed a couple break and decided to spend our limited budget for a night a the Woodcliff. Room was beautiful and clean, bed was incredibly comfy and the staff treated us like royalty! The staff took our anniversary trip from wonderful to extraordinary!! Thank you all.

Room Tip: There is an omelette station at end of breakfast buffet, don't miss it! Only complaint is that...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Lou R

Dear Mary Lou,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. We are so glad to hear that your anniversary trip was exceptional. We do pride ourselves in the cleanliness and comfort of our guest rooms and most importantly the friendliness of our staff.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

After touring NYC for 6 days we couldn't wait to stay in a quiet relaxing hotel. Unfortunately we were wrong.
First day, I was looking forward to a nice calming massage. Sadly I was in a room next to a wedding suite. I heard everything- laughing, whole conversations, bottles klinking. Worst massage experience I have ever had
The next two nights were terrible. Wedding party each night. Our room was on the third floor apparently directly above the party rooms. We heard everything all night long. We called and they just said 'will see what we can do.' Not happy. All I want is a peaceful relaxing night and all I get is the sounds of a loud boisterous city.

1  Thank Fellen85

Dear Fellen85,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise levels during your stay. We understand the value of a good night sleep and currently we are adding door closers and door seals to enhance the soundproofing of our rooms.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We booked an overnight getaway celebrating a special occasion. it was for a king room. We arrived to find we were placed in a suite. The suite was what I gather a hospitality room, large counter and bar, seating, table etc. lovely view but we had to sleep on a double sized murphy bed. The bed was not the most comfortable and had not been made prior to arrival. housekeeping came promptly. They said they would bring more pillows and didn't. there were no extra linens or blankets in the room.

Dear zoeroo,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced in your suite. However, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the exceptional views that the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed quite a few times at Woodcliff. We have found the atmosphere at the hotel to be very relaxing. Things that we enjoyed most on this stay were are the view from our room, the delicious food accompanied by live music, and the fun time at the pool with our grandchildren. The staff is helpful, respectful and accommodating to our needs. We highly recommend Woodcliff.

Room Tip: We usually ask for a room on the 5th or 6th floor facing the city of Rochester.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Rick_McKeown, General Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear karen t,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the facilities as well as the nightly entertainment in Horizons Lounge. The views from our guestrooms are stunning with the fall colors.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Strictly business. Was down to see clients and was there for 1 night. My client recommened the Woodcliff for a joint dinner that night. From the wine selection, to the meal, I had the lamb (delicious!!), five star experience. I ended up having all my meals at the hotel, all to perfection.

For those travellers that are early risers like myself, coffee in the room is passable and starbucks (opens at 6 am) in the lobby.

All in all, great hotel and will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Brian B,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Woodcliff Hotel & Spa as well as Horizons Restaurant. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I finally had two nights away from our three kids, all under the age of five. We were looking forward to a solid nights sleep that we hadn't had in years. We commented on this at check-in to try and get a room were we could be minimally disturbed. The first night was a disaster. A wedding party decided to be rude and loud, roaming the hallways making all kinds of noise until 2:30AM. While I totally do not fault the hotel for that, the auto-closing doors for each room slam shut. My wife and I jumped every time a door was closed. The slamming was impossible to sleep through.

The next morning, we went to the front desk and explained our issues, and credit to the hotel, they moved us to a different room. Now on the night of the wedding that was happening at the hotel, and in our new room, we could hear the music from the forth floor, and still jumped every time anyone entered or left their room due to the door slamming.

They really need to fix this issue. The rooms were beautiful and clean, but we could NOT sleep because of the doors. I've never stayed at a hotel that I was so disturbed in the middle of the night by slamming doors. Needless to say, my wife an I will not be spending our "getaway" time here again. left more tired than when we arrived.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonbrussell

Dear jonbrussell,

Rick McKeown

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!