“Woodcliff Experience”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Room was nice but the lighting was very dim. Was this to hide dirt or so you never know what you really look like??? Stayed 2 nites but no clean towels were delivered the 2nd nite. Water pipes began banging at 6AM - VERY disturbing!!! The experience was just OK

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen b
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Kathleen b,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I apologize for the housekeeping inconveniences you experienced. I have personally followed up with staff to ensure future inconveniences of this kind to not occur again.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Three of us stayed for the "Spajama" package - just the thing we all needed during the holiday season! The package included a spa service- we all elected to get the Swedish Massage. The Spa was beautiful and the attendants took good care of us in an effort to make us feel pampered - which we certainly did! One friend would have preferred the hot stone massage (she asked for this and was not able to switch even by paying the difference), but enjoyed her massage 100%. We had a beautiful suite (not part of the package - we upgraded) and felt very comfortable in the room.
There was a problem with our bill (we were being charged more than our online confirmed price) which took up some of our precious little time to figure out ourselves and then to bring it to the attention of the front desk who then had to bring it to the manager while we waited for 30 minutes in the lobby. It was fixed - that is they honored our booking price which was great. However it would have been nice if the manager came out and said something. A little goes a long way. Even with that issue I am giving this hotel 5 stars because it was very clean, friendly staff, and they make sure you feel welcome and have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear girlsweekendreview,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience at Spa Elan and found the staff welcoming. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa prides itself on the serenity of the property as well as the friendliness of our staff.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to future visits.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Let me start by saying that this hotel is beautiful especially during this season. Upon arrival there were multiple functions being held in the lobby areas making for a very loud arrival. Lobby beautifully decorated . Doorman and valet parking on this very cold evening was a plus as the parking lot full to capacity. Front desk check in smooth and professional but not to friendly or welcoming. Had to ask where the spa,pool and comp breakfast areas located. He said all info in room! Upon arrival to room on 6th floor , beautiful lights of surrounding city the view spectacular we felt a rush of very cold air. Thinking window must be opened we checked. It was the wall heater malfunctioning. Remember it is December in ny and 28 degrees out with a/c blasting. I promptly notified front desk and we left for dinner. Upon our arrival back room toasty in fact hot! I made the mistake of setting it to 70 for the night only awaking at 4a.m to be frozen and the room 62 Degrees. I called front desk they said sorry but no one there at this hour so would you like extra blanket lol. We got up still frozen took max hot shower dressed as fast as superman and went downstairs to get breakfast remember it was included in our stay. We were seated facing a driveway when there were tables overlooking the beautiful hills. We were told we couldn't sit there as they were going to have the lunch guests sit there?? Restaurant wasn't aware about package and took 10 min to check on this telling us buffet due to close. Would I really want the remains of a buffet closing? Anyway we ordered off menu and my husbands choice was spectacular. Mine cold and I mean cold. Not even slightly warm.I choose to eat what I could thinking it was taken from the buffet that was closing and husband agreed. Didn't complain at this point why bother. Room itself beautifully appointed comfortable bed and nice linens,good shower pressure from marble shower big enough for two! Shower amenities very nice. Room has Keurig machine with four choices of coffee. A small couch that looked like a sofa sleeper and smallish flat screen tv. Granite counters galore. A warning the pool area so packed with toddlers and young children we choose to avoid. Parents sitting drinking wine and kids jumping and splashing like this was an indoor waterpark. Shocked as this is a high end spa and resort. We choice to leave as we both tired from lack of adequate sleep so I can not comment on spa services but looks very nice. Overall I would have given it a 4 1/2star if the heat worked and breakfast at very least warm. At check out tried to charge us an additional room charge. Hopefully it was removed and I will have to check my cc statement. Sorry but employees need to step it up a notch despite being overwhelmed by large parties taking place. This place is a wonderful weekend getaway. I would suggest eating elsewhere and be sure to avoid room 608

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor view spectacular
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mruggier0

Dear mruggier,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that you found our views and decor attractive. We have found our Keurig Coffee makers in every room to be a great addition to hotel amenities. I have personally followed up with your concerns in regards to the handling of your request for the heater malfunction.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed here to break up a long Thanksgiving week trip. The room was great - wonderful linens, spacious room with couch, nice amenities like mini-Keurig coffee maker & hair dryer with diffuser. Restaurant was decent and you get coupons at check-in so we could have a couple of drinks, apps & dinner and not break the bank. My one complaint is about the hot tub which had so much chlorine that it was unbearable. Door staff was fantastic and cleaned off our car after a snowstorm. Overall, 3 1/2 stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RedUmbrellaVT
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Red Umbrella VT,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that you found our guest rooms comfortable and especially enjoyed our linens. We have found our Keurig Coffee makers in every room to be a great addition to hotel amenities. I have personally followed up with your concerns in regards to the hot tub and am working on correcting.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night. Don't live very far, but it was my husband's birthday. We started with a massage at their spa. They re-did the spa waiting area, it was very nice and relaxing! My husband said the massage was good. The rooms were great at the hotel for a standard room! Up to date and clean:) I've only been in their suites before and those are amazing if you need a suite. Best in Rochester. Not right in the city, so you are limited to your dining options if you don't want to go far. I know the mall is righ down the street, if you don't mind chain restaurants.. PF Changs is an ok dinner option. But, if you go into the village of pittsford they have luccas woodfire pizza!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Amber 1,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that the recent Renovations were very appealing to you both in Spa Elan as well as our Guest Rooms. We pride ourselves in creating memorable experiences so it comes with great pleasure to hear that you truly enjoyed your special occasion. The hotels designer suites are very popular and there are great images on our website to see each one.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had an excellent experience at the spa. The people were friendly and the place is brand new. I don't know what some of these people are talking about when they are giving the spa a bad review. They must be out of there minds. I have been to the Bahamas and their spa wasn't nearly as nice as Woodcliff's. The food and dining in was excellent. The room was exactly what we paid for. I was there in August 2013 and today I am going back to the spa to get my hair done. We will be driving 2 1/2 hours to get there, so if I didn't enjoy the spa my husband and I wouldn't be driving that long in November because we had a bad experience at the spa. We knew nothing about this place before we went. Well worth the trip!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear dlgreenwood35,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience at Spa Elan and are returning for future services. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa prides itself on the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms and am happy to hear that you found our accomodations to be very fitting.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to future visits.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

stayed one night for a family wedding. The wedding was lovely, the food was good. Room very nice. I would have liked brighter lights in the room, otherwise the room was nice. Breakfast buffet the next morning was very good.

beautiful property, I wish I had more time to explore the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear ksckscksc,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the wedding event as well as your dinner and breakfast. Our Chef, Steve Taylor, takes great pride in providing creative and appetizing dishes.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Jeffrey DiTondo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
10 mi away
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!