“Consistent satisfaction” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Consistent satisfaction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We have stayed at Woodcliff more than a dozen times over the years. It always satisfies and pleases. The staff , without exception, have been exceedingly courteous. We would recommend Woodcliff as a delightful place to relax. We are always visiting family and usually do not use the dining facilities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear nes804,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. It is great to hear that you are such a loyal guest as you have enjoyed numerous stays with us. We pride ourselves on the sincerity and welcoming presence of our staff so your feedback in that regard is pleasant to hear. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.
Jeffrey DiTondo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is our second visit, the first being for a summer wedding, and we couldn't fault this hotel. Very plush, but very laid back at the same time. Comfortable room and friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely recommend to others.

Room Tip: our room overlooked the car park but rooms on the other side have a beautiful view of the surroundin...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Shelia J,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. The Holiday Season is definitely an exciting time with the extraordinary decorations and lighting. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and the staff friendly. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to future visits.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We have been staying at the Woodcliff for several years when we come to visit family for Christmas. This visit was no less enjoyable. The staff were professional, friendly, and accommodating. When we got to the room, the heater was not working well, so they quickly moved us to another room a couple of doors down. It was not a problem because we had not settled in yet. WHen we returned to the room later that night, we found a nice dessert tray in the room to apologize for the inconvenience (which it really was not!). The facilities are great if one has time to use them and the setting is beautiful, on a hill overlooking the area. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a special occasion, a really nice retreat, or just a place to set up a home base while visiting the area. No other place for us in the area!

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor if you want a great view of the area!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Earlieo,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your Holiday at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the staff as we pride ourselves in providing exceptional service in all situations. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I booked Swedish massages at the spa. The staff was great being very helpful and courteous. The waiting/relaxing area was warm and serene. The 50 minute massage was just as rewarding. We were also told we could make use of the pool/hot tub if we wanted so we chose to go downstairs and take a soak in the hot tub......very disappointing end to an otherwise great time. The tub was a vat of lukewarm water with the smell of chemicals almost overwhelming.....anyway the spa was wonderful and would recommend the extra price was worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marcus60
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

On December 13th at 5:15 pm I called and thought
I had confirmed dinner reservations for New Year's Eve at
Horizon's. I was told there were no openings for the 7:00 pm time I preferred, but they could seat my party of four at 5:30 or 8:00 pm. I reserved for 8:00 pm, and asked for a table with a view of the dance floor, which I was assured was available. On December 21st at 8:30 pm, I received a call telling me they had made the reservation for the 21st and couldn't honor my reservation unless their hotel reservations sold out!! But they would put me on the waiting list! I sent them an e-mail about reservations for the New Year's Eve band on December 10th, and have yet to hear back.

Stayed December 2013
Rick_McKeown, General Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Cindy P,
At Woodcliff Hotel & Spa we strive to provide our guests with superior service and attention to detail. I apologize for any inconveniences and frustrations you experienced while making restaurant reservations for New Year's Eve. This year, as in years past, our New Year's Eve Celebration is based on hotel room packages which include a guest room, dinning and entertainment. As we get closer to the date we begin accepting reservations if space permits in our dining room. The miscommunication in dates for your reservation was not our intention and I sincerely apologize. I have spoken with our Restaurant Manager regading the miscommunication as well. I have also reached out to you personally leaving 2 phone messages for you at the number you provided. I will be happy to assist in accommodating your group. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rick McKeown
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My Fiance booked my friend and I the spajama package for my birthday. We had a good time, the room was nice and the food was good (besides the fact that they did not offer gluten free options). The staff was friendly and very kind besides the front desk and room service. The spa was lovely and they went above and beyond to please us. It was all very enjoyable until I checked my account which was the one they charged because I had to give them a physical card to get into our room even though my fiance had already given them his credit card information prior when he booked the room. Even after he called to straighten it out they still charged me. I checked my account afterwards and there was an extra 100 dollar charge on it. My fiance called the hotel and asked them about the extra charge. They explained that an ihome went missing from our room. There was never an ihome in our room, nor would we have any use for one since neither of us had apple products. The hotel argued that my fiance had called and had it put in our room, which didn't make any sense because he was not the one staying there. They reluctantly told us that the 100 dollars would be placed back into my account. As a result I would not recommend staying here, nor would I ever choose to come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear frequenttravelor23,
Thank you for providing feedback about your visit on Tripadvisor.com. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Woodcliff Hotel & Spa and the facilities we offer. Please accept my sincere apology for the miscommunication with our staff in regards to the ihome radio. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping and Front Office teams to ensure we investigate any missing items further.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa. I invite you to contact me directly on your next visit.
Rick McKeown
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

quiet and out of the way location, but close to everything, sets the tone. Extremely good staff who address customer service in understated but professional ways. Top shelf bar/restaurant means you don't have to go out, if you don't want to, which is a great benefit after long days of travel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Dixonconsultinginc,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that you found our location appropriate as we are in very close proximity to Eastview Mall as well as many great restaurants. The Woodcliff prides itself on the attentiveness of the staff so it is great to hear your praise.We appreciate your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.

Jeffrey DiTondo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
Inn On Broadway
Inn On Broadway
#22 of 31 in Rochester
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!