“Always impressed; world class amenities and service!”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
“Always impressed; world class amenities and service!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We live just a few miles away, but the Woodcliff is our official destination for special occasions- or if we just need a sanity break. The whole facility recently underwent extensive renovations, and anything that had felt slightly dated or shabby a few years ago has been replaced by clean, modern luxury. Every detail seems to have been considered with guests' comfort in mind. Staff members everywhere- front desk, facilities, dining, spa- are gracious, efficient and professional without exception (such has been our experience so far). I think the way management responds to guests that were less than perfectly satisfied (check some of the one- and two-star reviews and their follow-ups) speaks volumes for the Woodcliff's commitment to the overall experience they strive to offer.
Thanks for being part of Rochester...we'll be back soon!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MeasureTwice
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear MeasureTwice,
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is a great destination for special occasions and I am so glad to hear that your special occasion was world class. We are happy to announce that as of March 1st the entire hotel renovation has been completed. Lastly, I have shared your great comments in regards to the staff with our team. Thank you again for your 5 Star Review and we look forward to your next Special Occasion with us.
Jeffrey DiTondo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Utica, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Judging from their website, I was expecting this hotel to be a lot better than it was. As soon as we checked in, for our room with a King bed, the desk attendant informed us that there was a highs school hockey tournament in town and that the room would likely be on a noisy floor. He offered to “upgrade us” to the “Executive Floor,” which sounded like a nice offer so we took it. Unfortunately the “Executive” room did not have a bathtub, had Queen sized beds, and did not offer anything better than the room we booked. An upgrade to this level normally would include a complimentary breakfast. However, when I called the front desk I was informed that this was not truly an “upgrade” and therefore this was not included.
Overall this was a disappointing stay and I don’t see a reason to return. My impression is that the staff care about the guests that book the thousand dollar suites and not about the guests who only book the single rooms. On my next trip I will try the Hilton- less expensive and I am guessing better service.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the fake "upgrade" offer to a room worse than what you booked!
3 Thank David A
Dear David A,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. The hotel takes all efforts to ensure that any group in the hotel does not interfere with our business or leisure guests. It appears that the staff member was taking action to ensure you were not disturbed by the group however the communication to you in regards to the upgrade was not clear. I apologize for this miscommunication and will ensure that the staff is aware of your comments. I hope in the future we have the opportunity to regain your loyalty.
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed as a hockey group with another four teams over the weekend and had a wonderful time. The staff was alway accomodating from opening the door, check in, bag delivery to the restaurant to security folks. Its quite the hotel as a private brand in the middle of Fairport and is easy to get to with many restaurants and shops a short distance away. The rooms are nice and love the duvets and shower and updated coffee, tv and kitchenette. No tub which if fine with us and soundproofing is good and doors heavy. We did have a bad experience with noise from a room four doors down with a party that kept us up until 1:30 but security was dispatched and was taken care of. Overall this property is nice and spa was wonderful. Pool was small but has a jaccuzi.

Room Tip: Floors are in wings from the elevator, pick a room farther from elevator for best privacy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear moppiesue,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that you found our staff extremely accomodating and efficient. In regards to your comments about our convenient location we are located just minutes from prime shopping centers and excellent restaurants, so it is great to hear you enjoyed the local area. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was our second time staying in this hotel. There were some issues during our first stay. However, staff went out of their way to make sure our second stay was excellent. The rooms are clean and the iHome clock radios and Keurig coffee makers are great perks. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The spa is fantastic. Their breakfast food is incredible. This is a great place for a relaxing close to home getaway! We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Their suites are amazing!
Dear Anne H,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that you had an "Excellent Getaway" and it is especially great to hear that our staff went out of their way to ensure you had a memorable and enjoyable experience. Spa Elan is one of the Premier Spa's in Rochester, NY and I will ensure that the staff is praised for their "fantastic" service. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to future visits.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The staff at the Woodcliff is what really makes this hotel such an excellent place to stay. They work very hard to make sure all your needs are taken care of, taking any extra step for your comforts. I'd like to personally single out Chanel Snead at the front desk, who managed our booking and made sure to right any hiccups that may have happened. She is a model of what customer service should be. Also, Steve, part of the Horizon's Lounge staff, took great care of us, making sure we had everything needed in a timely manner, even on a busy Saturday night.

Room Tip: Executive Rooms have a marvelous view, worth the extra money.
Dear snwblnd69,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa prides itself on the sincerity and helpfulness of our staff and this obviously transpired throughout your visit. I will ensure you great comments are shared with our staff members, especially Chanel Snead, who you graciously recognized as an outstanding associate. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to future visits.
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I loved the location of this hotel. My room was spacious and clean. I loved the stand up shower and the view from our 6th story room. The only thing I wouldve appreciated would of been the staff interacting more. I barely got a hi. I didn't receive information on the restaurant or the spa which was disappointing. Other than that I have no complaints.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank S4896
Dear S4896,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. It is great to hear that you found are rooms so spacious and the views spectacular. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is located on the highest peak in Monroe County so the views are breathtaking. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I can not say enough about the wonderful wait staff, the incredible food and surprisingly good signature cocktails. The entertainment (Gap Mangione's group) was very impressive and we loved dancing and listening to truly great musicians. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. I can't think of another place that offers all this under one roof. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Woodcliff to anyone looking to get away and relax and have some fun!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgia A
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Georgia A,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us especially the service and experience in Horizon's Restaurant. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa offers live entertainment Tuesday through Saturday and the entertainment schedule is available on our website under Horizons Lounge. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.
Jeffrey DiTondo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
Inn On Broadway
Inn On Broadway
#21 of 31 in Rochester
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
The East Avenue Inn & Suites

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!