“Particular about hotel stays - This was a gem!”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Reviewed 12 May 2014

On my recent visit to Woodcliff for a conference, the staff was friendly. Customer service was great beginning to end. You can tell employees feel like owners here, as the hotel was clean, comfortable and facilities were great for conference I attended. Meals were delicious and nicely presented. I am particular about cleanliness at hotel stays, and no qualms about this. I would return in a heart beat. The pool was lovely and pool deck outdoors, nice views, lovely landscaping. It was all GOOD! The golfers looked like they were enjoying the course, and I wish I played better to enjoy it, too! Nice little Starbucks cafe for morning coffee in the lobby. Great walking trails. Close to so much, great restaurants, Eastview Mall just down the street, near Pittsford, nice locale. I would visit again! Next time, I am trying out the SPA! It is easily accessible via I-90/Thruway at Victor.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with two Queens. Very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Denise R,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It is great to hear that you were able to use many of our distinct amenities including golf, the walking trails, Starbucks, and our indoor/outdoor pool. I have also shared your feedback in regards to the friendliness of our staff with the team. We look forward to future visits and again thank you for the 5 Star Review.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We are 100% satisfied on our recent weekend away to celebrate a special birthday. Food, live music, staff, rooms, and location were all perfect. We will be back as soon as we can. But don't tell anyone about this place, I want it to be our hidden oasis. Yes....it's that good! Shopping, Spa, Golf and Wine. Perfection.

• Stayed: April 2014
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Travelye,
Thank you for your 5 Star Tripadvisor Review! I am so glad to hear that you were 100% satisfied with your stay. It seems that you were able to enjoy several of our distinct amenities including the Live Music and Spa Elan. The Woodcliff does provide the prime location as we are minutes from prime shopping as well as located on the highest point in Monroe County. We hope that you return to our "oasis" in the near future and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Recently my dad passed away at age 96. We had a small dinner at the Woodcliff immediately following the funeral services in the banquet room of the Woodcliff. The staff and employees went above and beyond to make us comfortable and welcomed on a difficult and rainy day. I would especially like to thank Alan D from sales, Jeff D from the front office and Tom G. from the bell stand. It never fails that on every occasion that I have gone there for spa services, an overnight stay and even in this case, the Woodcliff staff always manages to give their best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear CherylnDwayne,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is with great sincerity that I express my condolences and hope that your next visit to the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is one for leisure and enjoyment. I have shared your comments with each staff member recognized and they take great pride in providing exceptional and accommodating service. We hope to see you again in the near future for a Spa Getaway or simply a relaxing weekend.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My stay here was fantastic, came here for a wedding and was very happy with the service, amenities and staff. The customer was excellent, the manager Jeff was super nice and hooked me up every time I asked him for or about something. Half way into my stay I needed to go to the local store and grab some supplies but had no vehicle. So instead of calling me a cab as requested the manager called me a "shuttle" (Which makes you think of those stinky airport buses) but instead was greeted by a luxury SUV with a smiling driver. The driver Andreas was extremely friendly and drove me to where I needed to go and took me back to the hotel when I was done. As we pulled up to the hotel I went to tip him or pay him for his services and he wouldn't even take any cash. He was a great employee with integrity and was a prime example of the excellent service received at this resort. That man needs a raise!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face of the hotel get a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon S

Dear Brandon S,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa on Tripadvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the wedding and that the service was fantastic! The Woodcliff prides itself on the friendliness and accommodating nature of the staff. It is evident that our staff accommodated you to the fullest and we have recognized the associate for his level of service. Thank you again for your 5 Star Review and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for a work trip. The service was good. Check in no problem. Normal rooms are normal. From pictures the upgraded rooms look amazing. The room was clean the bathroom was ok - but you could hear your neighbor in the shower and on the toilet. Refrigerator but no microwave.

For a wedding the property looks awesome. They have complimentary valet parking - which is great but not needed since you can also just park in the parking lot.
AWESOME setting for a wedding and great setup for guests to stay.

The food we had was good ---breakfast buffet with omelet bar was nice. Dinner was also good, Servers are pleasant and helpful - and some of the dishes were worth a second helping. While others needed another try.

Live music and bar.

Beautiful setting - clean hotel, nice staff!

A bit of a loud atmosphere.
A combination of loud ventilation coupled with loud door closing - makes for uneasy sleeping.

Overall a really nice place in a great location.

Worth checking out!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a fancy room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear tvhead1992,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. The comments you shared in regards to the friendliness of the staff have been shared with the team. As you discussed the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is a prime venue for weddings and social events in Rochester and the Complimentary Valet Parking is one of several distinct amenities offered. We look forward to future visits and again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Art Deco Suite lived up to all of our expectations. Plenty of room for a party of 15. The personal bar, the spiral staircase and contemporay decor and jacuzzi were the conversation highlights of this suite. It was like being in a big NYC loft a real staycation. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Be mindful of noise level if your having a party and bring your own cleaning products for jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Cheryll B,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and especially for the 5 Star Review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our Art Deco Suite and that you had such a memorable experience. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa has several themed designer suites that range from the Art Deco to a Southwestern Theme. We look forward to future visits and again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times and have never had one bad experience! Starting out we had a great dinner! Their new menu and new chef are the reason for the food being wonderful. The service was second to none, and hanging out at the bar listening to the live band was a huge extra. I would recommend Woodcliff to anyone for a get away or a larger event as well! Thanks Woodcliff!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear JenASi,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Review. It is wonderful to hear such positive and exciting feedback about our New Chef Matt Laurence. The new Dinner Menu that was introduced offers a truly new flare to Horizons Restaurant. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Nightly Live Music during your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.
Jeffrey DiTondo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
10 mi away
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!