“Great for business” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Oakville, Canada
“Great for business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed at the Woodcliff several times for business. The service is consistently friendly and the rooms are well maintained, if not a little varied in terms of quality (some have noisy heating systems or whistling windows, however a room change is easily accomodated). The restaurant and bar are comfortable, and the quality of the food is good. The bar service is excellent, and the staff really should be commended for their professionalism and friendliness without invasiveness. I usually travel alone, and have never felt out of place having dinner quietly at the bar. The spa is perfect for a relaxing treatment at the end of the day and they have accomodated last minute bookings more than once. Overall, considering travelling for business is sometimes stressful, it is nice to come to a peaceful and relaxing place to rest!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Chanchila77,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa prides itself on the friendliness and accommodating nature of our staff so your comments in regards to this are wonderful to hear. It is also exciting that you had such a great experience at Spa Elan. We look forward to future visits to the Woodcliff.
Jeffrey DiTondo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Hoboken, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We often stay in Pittsford/ Fairport area when visiting and to be honest we stayed at Woodcliff on more than one occasion.

Overview of the hotel:
Absolutely gorgeous spot - you can see the city of Rochester :) (not NYC) from some of the rooms as well as the restaurant. Golf range is right there and spa (I heard) is great. Bar area is very nice (after remodel) and have live music.

Overview of the Bar /Restaurant:
Bar is stacked with good amount of liquor - there is a nice selection of different whiskey and bourbon available. Unfortunately they don't have any high end exotic Scotch - like maybe Japanese whiskey. Atmosphere is great and lively - a lot of people and it's always busy.
Restaurant is nice and food is great, a bit expensive for the area, but than again the view is great :)

Hotel rooms:
Nice rooms and I believe some of them are newly remodeled. However there are some issues with the rooms: when they remodeled the bathrooms they should have cleaned the air ducts - there is a lot of dirt to look at, when you taking a shower :). Also the A/C/Heater is blowing directly on to the bed (I don't know which brilliant mind came up with that idea!) and that will keep you up at night - unless you load yourself with bourbon downstairs (make it a lot of it).

To summarize:
If you looking for a relaxing nice time during evening without leaving the hotel than this is your place. If you looking for some privacy and quiet there are other options around.

Room Tip: Book online and choose the pre-paid option always cheaper.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jimmy_nj
Dear Jimmy_nj,
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your most recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our prime location and views from the highest point in Monroe County. The hotel offers live music 5 nights a week in Horizons Lounge which makes for an excellent atmosphere as you mentioned. I have shared your additional comments with our Management Team and they are working diligently on solutions. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

On my recent visit to Woodcliff for a conference, the staff was friendly. Customer service was great beginning to end. You can tell employees feel like owners here, as the hotel was clean, comfortable and facilities were great for conference I attended. Meals were delicious and nicely presented. I am particular about cleanliness at hotel stays, and no qualms about this. I would return in a heart beat. The pool was lovely and pool deck outdoors, nice views, lovely landscaping. It was all GOOD! The golfers looked like they were enjoying the course, and I wish I played better to enjoy it, too! Nice little Starbucks cafe for morning coffee in the lobby. Great walking trails. Close to so much, great restaurants, Eastview Mall just down the street, near Pittsford, nice locale. I would visit again! Next time, I am trying out the SPA! It is easily accessible via I-90/Thruway at Victor.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with two Queens. Very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Denise R,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It is great to hear that you were able to use many of our distinct amenities including golf, the walking trails, Starbucks, and our indoor/outdoor pool. I have also shared your feedback in regards to the friendliness of our staff with the team. We look forward to future visits and again thank you for the 5 Star Review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We are 100% satisfied on our recent weekend away to celebrate a special birthday. Food, live music, staff, rooms, and location were all perfect. We will be back as soon as we can. But don't tell anyone about this place, I want it to be our hidden oasis. Yes....it's that good! Shopping, Spa, Golf and Wine. Perfection.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Travelye,
Thank you for your 5 Star Tripadvisor Review! I am so glad to hear that you were 100% satisfied with your stay. It seems that you were able to enjoy several of our distinct amenities including the Live Music and Spa Elan. The Woodcliff does provide the prime location as we are minutes from prime shopping as well as located on the highest point in Monroe County. We hope that you return to our "oasis" in the near future and greatly appreciate your feedback.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Recently my dad passed away at age 96. We had a small dinner at the Woodcliff immediately following the funeral services in the banquet room of the Woodcliff. The staff and employees went above and beyond to make us comfortable and welcomed on a difficult and rainy day. I would especially like to thank Alan D from sales, Jeff D from the front office and Tom G. from the bell stand. It never fails that on every occasion that I have gone there for spa services, an overnight stay and even in this case, the Woodcliff staff always manages to give their best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear CherylnDwayne,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is with great sincerity that I express my condolences and hope that your next visit to the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is one for leisure and enjoyment. I have shared your comments with each staff member recognized and they take great pride in providing exceptional and accommodating service. We hope to see you again in the near future for a Spa Getaway or simply a relaxing weekend.
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

My stay here was fantastic, came here for a wedding and was very happy with the service, amenities and staff. The customer was excellent, the manager Jeff was super nice and hooked me up every time I asked him for or about something. Half way into my stay I needed to go to the local store and grab some supplies but had no vehicle. So instead of calling me a cab as requested the manager called me a "shuttle" (Which makes you think of those stinky airport buses) but instead was greeted by a luxury SUV with a smiling driver. The driver Andreas was extremely friendly and drove me to where I needed to go and took me back to the hotel when I was done. As we pulled up to the hotel I went to tip him or pay him for his services and he wouldn't even take any cash. He was a great employee with integrity and was a prime example of the excellent service received at this resort. That man needs a raise!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face of the hotel get a great view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon S
Dear Brandon S,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa on Tripadvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the wedding and that the service was fantastic! The Woodcliff prides itself on the friendliness and accommodating nature of the staff. It is evident that our staff accommodated you to the fullest and we have recognized the associate for his level of service. Thank you again for your 5 Star Review and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for a work trip. The service was good. Check in no problem. Normal rooms are normal. From pictures the upgraded rooms look amazing. The room was clean the bathroom was ok - but you could hear your neighbor in the shower and on the toilet. Refrigerator but no microwave.

For a wedding the property looks awesome. They have complimentary valet parking - which is great but not needed since you can also just park in the parking lot.
AWESOME setting for a wedding and great setup for guests to stay.

The food we had was good ---breakfast buffet with omelet bar was nice. Dinner was also good, Servers are pleasant and helpful - and some of the dishes were worth a second helping. While others needed another try.

Live music and bar.

Beautiful setting - clean hotel, nice staff!

A bit of a loud atmosphere.
A combination of loud ventilation coupled with loud door closing - makes for uneasy sleeping.

Overall a really nice place in a great location.

Worth checking out!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a fancy room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear tvhead1992,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. The comments you shared in regards to the friendliness of the staff have been shared with the team. As you discussed the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is a prime venue for weddings and social events in Rochester and the Complimentary Valet Parking is one of several distinct amenities offered. We look forward to future visits and again thank you for your feedback.
Jeffrey DiTondo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
Inn On Broadway
Inn On Broadway
#22 of 31 in Rochester
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
The East Avenue Inn & Suites

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!