“Stayed here for a wedding - whirlpool in room seems strange”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Stayed here for a wedding - whirlpool in room seems strange”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food was great and the spa was awesome, but I was a little weirded out with the whirlpool in the room.

I was here for a wedding and it was perfect for that type of thing. The spa was very accommodating and we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Ontario
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My Wife and I had a last minute break at the hotel. Couldn't have been happier with our choice. Hotel was clean, with large comfortable rooms. It had what we wanted, namely a pool, restaurant and bar. The hotel staff were courteous and well informed. This was our fist visit to Fairport and were pleasantly surprised how nice the whole area is. Would recommend a visit here.

Room Tip: Asked for a room higher up with a view. We got the fourth floor at the rear of the hotel. Had a bird...
Webster, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have to say I just had my wedding at the woodcliff yesterday and I could not wait to get home and write a review. They have the most amazing group of people working there. Steve that helped with every detail of the wedding was always there with a smile and he was so easy going and great to work with. Matt the manager that was there went above and beyond and I thank him so much for all his help. He would find me every hour or so to make sure I was ok and asking if I needed anything. Even the people just helping at the wedding were so nice and helpful. The view at lookout point is bananas!!! And the food omg I have no words everyone was saying how much they were eating and how full they were. We did stay in one of the suite and I felt like a queen. We even had a midnight snack waiting for us. I also had a lot of out of town guest that stayed over night and they loved it. If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing this places is amazing!!!!!!

Wylie, TX
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was visiting friends and family in the Rochester area, but also wanted a nice vacation. I stayed Thursday through Sunday. I especially wanted a place that provided airport shuttle because I did not plan on renting a car. I researched several places and finally decided on Woodcliff. For me, a perfect choice. Even though the hotel got busy with weddings and parties on Saturday, I did not feel crowded. The hotel is surrounded by trees and you really feel like you are in the wilderness. The hotel was quiet and my room on the sixth floor was very comfortable. Wonderful walking, running trails are available just outside any door. Bathroom had a large rain shower and provided two bathrobes, slippers, hair dryer, high quality soaps, shampoos, etc. Sink area was large enough for all the junk we all seem to carry. Room had a small refrigerator and Keurig Coffee Maker. Large bed with assortment of soft through firm pillows. AC worked well and the window even opened for fresh air. Room had a couch, chair and large desk area with plenty of drawer space. Lighting was very good throughout except the bathroom. I don't think hotels ever get that right. The hotel has a Starbucks kiosk serving the usual drinks, pastries, but also offered fresh fruit and yogurt. Just right for me. Wish it was open longer hours. Several seating areas on first floor to enjoy coffee or drinks. Business center not really a center, but two computers and a printer in hallway on basement level. Was sufficient for my needs. Appreciated that he had a printer for boarding pass. Basement level has Fitness Center, Indoor pool and hot tub. Hours are very good from 5:30 am until 10:00 pm. This fitness center is the best I have seen in any hotel I've ever stayed. Five treadmills, 5 ellipticals, and several bikes,etc. And most with own media screen. Another room with weight machines and one with yoga equipment. Provided water and towels. I was very impressed and spent my mornings there. Even a locker room was provided. The outdoor pool and deck were large and had room to sit and enjoy breakfast or lunch. I did not have time to use the spa, but did visit and seemed very nice. I ate three meals and although not terrific were well priced and good. Eastview Mall very close by and hotel will provide transportation. All staff were very friendly and I plan on staying again when I visit next in the Rochester area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Catskill, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was immediately impressed with the quality of the staff. Very professional and caring. The grounds were beautiful. The room was modern and tasteful. The bedding was comfortable, clean and fresh. When I have the need to stay in the Rochester area, I would definitely stay at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked a three day Golf School in Rochester, which included 3 nights At Woodcliff. We could see a building high on a hill as we drove toward Rochester on I-90, and thought it would be neat if that were our hotel. Turns out, it was, and what a treat. The setting is nothing short of idyllic, with incredible views from the hilltop. The room was very large, clean and quiet. There were too many restaurants to count within a mile of the hotel. Our focus on this trip was Golf School, but I would like to and spend more time.

Room Tip: Try for a room on third floor or higher, for n incredible view.
Port Matilda, PA
Reviewed 1 June 2014

As the older brother, I felt obligated to reject my younger brother's idea of reserving rooms at a chain hotel near Rochester Institute of Technology for my nephew's graduation. So, my parents and I booked rooms at the Woodcliff. The rooms were very nice; the service, pleasant; and the price was substantially below what my brother was paying. The commute to RIT was no problem. Score one point for my side of the sibling rivalry.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the highway are not as quiet as those facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#3 of 12 in Canandaigua
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!