“Woodcliff Hotel”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Outstanding facility, with staff that couldn't have been more accommodating. The room was outstanding and spotless. All sorts of amenities and looked brand new. I lived nearby when this was first built around 25 years ago, and then stayed regularly on business for several years. If anything, it is better than it ever was and must have been recently renewed and remodeled. Nice health club, with good equipment and pool. Golf course is a part of resort and fine restaurants nearby. Huge Eastview Mall is within sight. If you want to see the best food store in the country, go to Wegman's at nearby Pittsford Plaza. Almost couldn't get my wife to leave. Outstanding experience and stay. Highly pleased. We travel frequently and this was one of the best experience in ages.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Dick C,
Thank you so much for your 5 Star Tripadvisor Review. I would like to start by thanking you for the wonderful comments in regards to the attentiveness and service from our staff. It sounds like you and your wife were able to enjoy our prime location which is just minutes from Eastview Mall and in close proximity to local restaurants. In regards to our guest rooms and property we have undergone a complete renovation within the last year so the entire hotel is in immaculate condition. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Jeffrey DiTondo

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times for business. The hotel is always very clean. The food is good and the atmosphere is relaxing. The staff is exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend Woodcliff as a place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food was great and the spa was awesome, but I was a little weirded out with the whirlpool in the room.

I was here for a wedding and it was perfect for that type of thing. The spa was very accommodating and we had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My Wife and I had a last minute break at the hotel. Couldn't have been happier with our choice. Hotel was clean, with large comfortable rooms. It had what we wanted, namely a pool, restaurant and bar. The hotel staff were courteous and well informed. This was our fist visit to Fairport and were pleasantly surprised how nice the whole area is. Would recommend a visit here.

Room Tip: Asked for a room higher up with a view. We got the fourth floor at the rear of the hotel. Had a bird...
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have to say I just had my wedding at the woodcliff yesterday and I could not wait to get home and write a review. They have the most amazing group of people working there. Steve that helped with every detail of the wedding was always there with a smile and he was so easy going and great to work with. Matt the manager that was there went above and beyond and I thank him so much for all his help. He would find me every hour or so to make sure I was ok and asking if I needed anything. Even the people just helping at the wedding were so nice and helpful. The view at lookout point is bananas!!! And the food omg I have no words everyone was saying how much they were eating and how full they were. We did stay in one of the suite and I felt like a queen. We even had a midnight snack waiting for us. I also had a lot of out of town guest that stayed over night and they loved it. If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing this places is amazing!!!!!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was visiting friends and family in the Rochester area, but also wanted a nice vacation. I stayed Thursday through Sunday. I especially wanted a place that provided airport shuttle because I did not plan on renting a car. I researched several places and finally decided on Woodcliff. For me, a perfect choice. Even though the hotel got busy with weddings and parties on Saturday, I did not feel crowded. The hotel is surrounded by trees and you really feel like you are in the wilderness. The hotel was quiet and my room on the sixth floor was very comfortable. Wonderful walking, running trails are available just outside any door. Bathroom had a large rain shower and provided two bathrobes, slippers, hair dryer, high quality soaps, shampoos, etc. Sink area was large enough for all the junk we all seem to carry. Room had a small refrigerator and Keurig Coffee Maker. Large bed with assortment of soft through firm pillows. AC worked well and the window even opened for fresh air. Room had a couch, chair and large desk area with plenty of drawer space. Lighting was very good throughout except the bathroom. I don't think hotels ever get that right. The hotel has a Starbucks kiosk serving the usual drinks, pastries, but also offered fresh fruit and yogurt. Just right for me. Wish it was open longer hours. Several seating areas on first floor to enjoy coffee or drinks. Business center not really a center, but two computers and a printer in hallway on basement level. Was sufficient for my needs. Appreciated that he had a printer for boarding pass. Basement level has Fitness Center, Indoor pool and hot tub. Hours are very good from 5:30 am until 10:00 pm. This fitness center is the best I have seen in any hotel I've ever stayed. Five treadmills, 5 ellipticals, and several bikes,etc. And most with own media screen. Another room with weight machines and one with yoga equipment. Provided water and towels. I was very impressed and spent my mornings there. Even a locker room was provided. The outdoor pool and deck were large and had room to sit and enjoy breakfast or lunch. I did not have time to use the spa, but did visit and seemed very nice. I ate three meals and although not terrific were well priced and good. Eastview Mall very close by and hotel will provide transportation. All staff were very friendly and I plan on staying again when I visit next in the Rochester area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was immediately impressed with the quality of the staff. Very professional and caring. The grounds were beautiful. The room was modern and tasteful. The bedding was comfortable, clean and fresh. When I have the need to stay in the Rochester area, I would definitely stay at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#3 of 12 in Canandaigua
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!