“Exquisite experience!”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
“Exquisite experience!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I treated my brother and sister-in-law to a stay at the Woodcliff for their wedding anniversary. This was the first encounter any of us had with the venue. My loved ones shared with me that they were above thrilled with the setting, amenities included in the spa package, cuisine, and graciousness of the staff under the leadership of front desk manager, Jeff Ditondo. I was pleased with the ease of the reservations and billing process and that my brother and sister-in-law were treated with such care.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am the Sales Manager for the Best Western Inn at The Rochester Airport here in Rochester. I had the pleasure of staying with my family August 16 & 17 at the outstanding Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. An Unbelievable experience made possible by the Front Desk Manager and his staff. Jeffery DiTondo was by far the best Front Desk Mahnager I have ever come across in all my travelling years. The hotel is exceptonal in all aspects, from the service, the room and the dining. We had three rooms and one my wife and I shared was the Southwest Suite. I cannot describe the beauty and special attention to detail this suite provided. Jeffery made us so welcome, we thought we were at home. It was a special "50th" weekend for us and by far will never be forgotten. I can't think of any other hotel in the Rochester area that comes close to the Woodcliff. Our thanks to Jeffery and his staff and everyone at Woodcliff.

Room Tip: In my satisfaction, any where you stay in the hotel, is excellent because of the unique layout of th...
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Woodcliff was fabulous! The rooms were clean and quiet, The restaurant was great. Steak was perfect! All the Rochester NY sites nearby and plenty of shopping right down the street. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The staff are incredibly accommodating, friendly and helpful. The food is excellent and the view from this hotel is unparalleled in the Rochester area. It is clear that Woodcliff Hotel & Spa strives for greatness, and it is unquestionably achieved.

Great pool/jacuzzi for general use; excellent hours for the fitness center and pool.

Horizons Restaurant seems to me like a five-star dining experience.

Rooms spacious, exceptionally clean, well-maintained and beautiful.

10/10 would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to get a view overlooking the cliff if possible :) The King Sized beds are absolutely excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear AdrienneSuter,
Thank you kindly for your 5 Star Tripadvisor Review! It is wonderful to hear such great comments about our staff and the quality of food in Horizons Restaurant. Your comments in regards to the location and the exceptional views are fitting as we are located on the highest point in Monroe County. We hope that you will return soon and thank you again for your feedback.
Jeffrey DiTondo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I were guests over the past weekend at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. We cannot give Daniel the Food and Beverage Director enough praise for his exceptional professional attention to every detail. Our dining experience was beyond our expectations and the menu out of this world.
Our experience from the moment we arrived as we were met by the friendly and helpful staff at the front door to the attentive front desk staff was tremendous.
Overall we would most definitely recommend this hotel and spa.
Wanda and Terry

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schnauzerparents
Dear Schnauzerparents,
Thank you for sharing your Extraordinary Experience on Tripadvisor.com! It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed dining in our Horizons Restaurant. Daniel Ambron (Food and Beverage Director) as well as our Chef strive to create the upmost in service levels as well as recently transforming our Dinner and Lunch Menus. I have shared your feedback in regards to the friendliness of the staff with the team and they greatly appreciate hearing such positive feedback. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Jeffrey DiTondo
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Woodcliff on our way from Binghamton to Chicago, as a place to stay after touring Letchworth State Park (which is about 1 hour away). I had tried to find a hotel on a finger lake, but everything was booked. We needed 3 rooms. The Woodcliff was able to accommodate our party. The hotel was in good condition, and the service was excellent. Our room was clean and updated, and at this price point, I thought was better than expected. It was quiet. Our kids used the pool, though it is small (looks much bigger in the photos), and it was crowded. We ate breakfast at the restaurant--buffet--which had all the items you'd expect. We had a drink in the lounge and the live music was fabulous. There is even Starbucks coffee in the lobby.There is a mall close by with the usual "chain" restaurants such as Bonefish and PF Changs. We are happy we stayed at the Woodcliff and would return and recommend it.

Room Tip: If you need an adjoining room, ask. They have them. Also, our king bed room had a pullout twin bed.
1 Thank AmandaH708
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were driving from Niagara to Syracuse after a long day of sightseeing and wanted to stop around Rochester. At first I was looking online at a Hampton but found Woodcliff instead. Thank goodness. It was lovely. We got there just in time to have dinner. LOVED it. Upscale, expensive, but wonderful. GREAT cocktails using premium liquor. I love Casamigos tequila and have never seen it used in a cocktail so for $11 i was extremely happy! The gnocchi w/pork belly was wonderful. Creative and delicious Caesar salad. My husbands rack of lamb was the best! I had the Salmon and really enjoyed it! We went back for the breakfast instead of getting on the road first thing cause we knew it would be good. It was a wonderful buffet! Fresh eggs, yogurt with fresh berries. Pefect bacon! etc. etc. $14 a person was a bargain (especially after spending days in Niagara!)

Room Tip: Online it said "room with two double beds" since we knew this would be a tight squeeze, I...
1 Thank Suzanne D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#3 of 12 in Canandaigua
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!