“Pretty Nice, But lacking a little for a 4-star”

Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
“Pretty Nice, But lacking a little for a 4-star”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The room was nice along with the amenities. The staff was very kind and professional. The restaurant staff was also very nice and the food was excellent. They even had live music that was quite professional. As for the fitness room and pool area, they were not as nice as I would have hoped. The treadmills were older and worn out. They need to replace or refurbish them. The pool area was also a little outdated. They close at 10pm and made me stop running on the treadmill right at 10pm...I thought they could have given me a few more minutes. Anyway, overall the stay was nice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Silver Creek, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from an overnight stay at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. What a beautiful place to spend a weekend or more. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the room we had was very elegant with lots of granite and a gorgeous view. We ate breakfast there and found it tasty and tastefully presented. The fitness area is extremely well equipped and the pools very inviting. I hope to return there soon...this was a most pleasant discovery.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I treated my brother and sister-in-law to a stay at the Woodcliff for their wedding anniversary. This was the first encounter any of us had with the venue. My loved ones shared with me that they were above thrilled with the setting, amenities included in the spa package, cuisine, and graciousness of the staff under the leadership of front desk manager, Jeff Ditondo. I was pleased with the ease of the reservations and billing process and that my brother and sister-in-law were treated with such care.

• Stayed August 2014
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am the Sales Manager for the Best Western Inn at The Rochester Airport here in Rochester. I had the pleasure of staying with my family August 16 & 17 at the outstanding Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. An Unbelievable experience made possible by the Front Desk Manager and his staff. Jeffery DiTondo was by far the best Front Desk Mahnager I have ever come across in all my travelling years. The hotel is exceptonal in all aspects, from the service, the room and the dining. We had three rooms and one my wife and I shared was the Southwest Suite. I cannot describe the beauty and special attention to detail this suite provided. Jeffery made us so welcome, we thought we were at home. It was a special "50th" weekend for us and by far will never be forgotten. I can't think of any other hotel in the Rochester area that comes close to the Woodcliff. Our thanks to Jeffery and his staff and everyone at Woodcliff.

Room Tip: In my satisfaction, any where you stay in the hotel, is excellent because of the unique layout of th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Woodcliff was fabulous! The rooms were clean and quiet, The restaurant was great. Steak was perfect! All the Rochester NY sites nearby and plenty of shopping right down the street. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The staff are incredibly accommodating, friendly and helpful. The food is excellent and the view from this hotel is unparalleled in the Rochester area. It is clear that Woodcliff Hotel & Spa strives for greatness, and it is unquestionably achieved.

Great pool/jacuzzi for general use; excellent hours for the fitness center and pool.

Horizons Restaurant seems to me like a five-star dining experience.

Rooms spacious, exceptionally clean, well-maintained and beautiful.

10/10 would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to get a view overlooking the cliff if possible :) The King Sized beds are absolutely excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey D, Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear AdrienneSuter,
Thank you kindly for your 5 Star Tripadvisor Review! It is wonderful to hear such great comments about our staff and the quality of food in Horizons Restaurant. Your comments in regards to the location and the exceptional views are fitting as we are located on the highest point in Monroe County. We hope that you will return soon and thank you again for your feedback.
Jeffrey DiTondo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I were guests over the past weekend at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. We cannot give Daniel the Food and Beverage Director enough praise for his exceptional professional attention to every detail. Our dining experience was beyond our expectations and the menu out of this world.
Our experience from the moment we arrived as we were met by the friendly and helpful staff at the front door to the attentive front desk staff was tremendous.
Overall we would most definitely recommend this hotel and spa.
Wanda and Terry

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schnauzerparents
Dear Schnauzerparents,
Thank you for sharing your Extraordinary Experience on Tripadvisor.com! It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed dining in our Horizons Restaurant. Daniel Ambron (Food and Beverage Director) as well as our Chef strive to create the upmost in service levels as well as recently transforming our Dinner and Lunch Menus. I have shared your feedback in regards to the friendliness of the staff with the team and they greatly appreciate hearing such positive feedback. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Jeffrey DiTondo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairport
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#3 of 12 in Canandaigua
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!