“Not a bad value choice”

Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Falconer
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here while traveling on business. This is a 'resort' style property with interior doors and hallway plus drafty sliding glass doors to the outside. I wanted to sleep early, but lights from cars came through the drapery of the floor to ceiling glass door. Decor was drab. It's not the more modern Red Roof look. Staff was pleasant and the room was clean. The shower control was some bizarre 'made in 1970' thing that was difficult to figure out. This motel is used by a lot of contractors, so there were small grills outside many of the glass doors and many work trucks taking up parking lot space. Maybe it's not always like that, but they seemed at home when I was there. I don't have a problem with contractors, but the grills are a fire hazard and I hate having to hunt for parking spaces at tiny motel parking lots. The location is not within walking distance of any restaurants or stores...another minus.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn in Falconer which we had stayed at before because we were visiting relatives in the area. This time we wanted to stay further away but could not get a last minute reservation at a reasonable price. We decided to try the Red Roof again and were quite surprised at the price increase in just under two years.
The room was reasonably clean but was in major need of some updating. The front desk this time were very friendly....the last time we checked in, the person didn't even look up once!
One major thing I forgot was that there was no hairblower...a must have for hotels nowadays. I didn't have one with me, so this was very inconvenient.
There was no breakfast which was not a big deal but having just stayed in Chicago for $30 less with hot breakfast and hairblower, it is definitely not what I would call value for your dollar.
There is wifi but for over $80, I would rather have a hairblower and a small breakfast to get the day started. Lots of restaurants are not open for breakfast before 7am.
Overall, it is good enough for a place to lay your head for the night but it is definitely way overpriced!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pippili
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The staff is very friendly. Clean rooms. Best value in the Jamestown area. Book online for the best rates.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

As a contractor we spend alot of our time staying on the road..
I just would like to say Thank you for the best rates in town !! The rooms are amazingly clean and the staff is incredable... Thank you Julia !!!

Room Tip: Look no further than the Red Roof Inn!
Reviewed 19 October 2011

After looking at a couple of other value hotels in the Jamestown area that looked like the Bates Hotel, the Red Roof Inn seemed like a luxury resort in comparison. The staff were very friendly; even helping me carry my heavy bag up to my 2nd floor room. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. The light bulb was burned out in my bathroom, but it was changed in the morning when the maintenance person arrived- they carefully waited until after I was awake. (I'm a night owl and have a pet peeve about hotel housekeeping staff pounding on doors early in the morning so they can get their work done and go home early). It was wonderfully quiet in the morning!

The only reason I did not give a 5 star rating was because of the insidious smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways and lobby. Also it would be nice if there were mini-refigerators in the rooms.

Loved this place. It's the best value option in Jamestown area.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask for a room away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I'll admit it -- I only chose this hotel for the price. As it turned out, the Red Roof staff really outdid themselves. When my car broke down on the way in, they refunded my first night long after the official cancellation time. They let us keep stuff in the freezer during our stay (rooms only have a fridge), and offerred the employee fridge for a few hours after checkout. They were always on hand with misc bits of help & advice, but never in the way. And all with a smile on their face.

The hallway sometimes smelled like smoke, but who hangs out in a 2-star motel's hallway? Room smelled fine, was kept tidy (ample supply of linens if you followed the directions -- no nagging required), decent king bed, convenient parking hidden behind very dark curtains.

Room Tip: Get the "Special King" rooms, totally worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Rooms are clean and the service was very very nice. I will stay there again when ever i need a hotel.

Room Tip: Melissa Cooper is awesome and helps however she can.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falconer
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown

Been to Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer? Share your experiences!