Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer(Jamestown)(Great Value!)
US$91
ComfortInn
US$134
Hampton.com
US$127
US$122
Priceline
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown(Jamestown)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$96
US$67
Priceline
US$241
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleansliding doorfirst floorparking lotfresh baked cookiesclean place to staybreakfast areaparking areacoffee makerfair pricethe general managerwafflesnight's sleeplong drivecontinental breakfastnew york
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at several Red Roof Inn's and have always been pleased up to this point- clean, pet friendly with no extra charge, and affordable. I will start with a positive. The front desk was friendly and helpful. They gave us an initial discount with a coupon they had that saved us $15 on the rate. They also have us a free late check out. However, when we arrived in our room it was very noticeable that it had not been cleaned well. There were black hairs all over the bathroom, the carpet did not look to be well vacuumed, there were a few black hairs on the bed, an empty soap wrapper on the sink, a bottle cap on the floor, and a hair in our ice bucket. I politely asked if we could switch rooms and was promptly switched to a different room, no problem. However, it was the same story, not clean. The front desk called to ask if we were satisfied and I again explained that it seemed that the room had not been cleaned well. She apologized, personally walked up to our room and presented me with yet another room that was upgraded and asked me to check the room with her there. This room was an improvement. However, when I stay in a hotel, I expect not to find any hairs at all and this seemed to be an impossibility. We decided to suck it up for one night and thanked her for her help. The housekeeper was the same in all three rooms according to the welcome card left on the the table. I hope they can find a better housekeeper soon and redeem themselves.

Room Tip: Don't dismiss Red Roof Inn, but beware of this particular Red Roof. It is older, outdated, and not well cleaned. Friendly service!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! Even though we were unable to provide you with a problem free stay, I do appreciate your honesty as we use all feedback to help beter serve our guests. I hope that the next time you visit Jamestown/ Falconer we will be able to provide you a room truly worh the value of the Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The front desk staff, and especially Wanda, was flexible and helpful. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Having a good pillow to sleep on and a quality shower matter. I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn Jamestown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JSchwab83

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your most recent experience with us!I am glad that our location convenient for you in your travels around town. I am also happy to hear that our roo was very clean. We love hearing that we were able to provide a stress free check in because we know that the last thing our guests need is an added headache at the end of a long day. Julia

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I enjoyed a quiet, uneventful stay. The hotel is convenient to the highway and to Jamestown and Chautauqua. Everything worked properly (air conditioning, ice machine, bathroom fixtures, etc.), and the bed was comfortable. Front desk staff were very friendly. No complaints! If I return to visit Chautauqua again, I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Peter good day to you! I wanted to thank you again for staying with us. It is always a pleasure to meet interesting guests from other cultures. The staff here was very excited when I shared your comments with them. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Surprisingly busy area. Very good service and accommodations. Friendly helpful personnel note Red Roof has no breakfast or hair dryers in the room. They gave a good tip for breakfast. The king bed was comfortable. Room/bath clean. They had chosen to paint the front entrance. Side entrance was not open. Awkward timing on their part.

Room Tip: no elevator. Our room was at the corner upstairs(just off the lobby). other patrons were noisy when returning to their room after midnight but the sound was not a problem as they moved away down the halls
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your recent response to our guest survey. We are very pleased to hve you stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Jamestown Falconer and look forward to seeing you again. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are very happy that your stay with us was pleasant.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Needing a room for a family reunion in the middle of the season in a summer resort area equals coming face to face with the law of supply and demand. This place is a 1-2 star hotel priced as a 3 star hotel. There are only 5 hotels to choose from within 20 miles of Jamestown and the 3 star hotels (Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites) are priced like a 4 star hotel anywhere else. The place is well worn. The room was an "upgraded king size bed" and was superficially clean since it would be tough to get the years of ground in dirt out. Kind of like a 30 year old house that needs a thorough upgrade. King bed needs king size pillows and the mattress was pretty hard. It was supposed to have a refrig and a microwave but the front desk said "We don't have those kinds of rooms anymore". The sliding door was broken and the coffee tasted like warm dish water. BUT we only paid 125% (vice 250%) of what you would anywhere else just for a place to sleep. Better than the alternatives but given another decent and reasonable cost choice you wouldn't see me here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and letting us be aware of your feedback. It is very important to us to know what our guest our think about our hotel so we may grow from their respones. We certainly would enjoy a secound chance to show you we are customer service! Please call us and let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!