“Helpful in a time of need”

Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Falconer
Reviewed 27 September 2013

While traveling home to the Midwest through New York state, my mother and I stayed at the Jamestown-Falconer Red Roof Inn. (We like Red Roofs because we travel with our dogs, and the chain is very dog-friendly.) We'd planned to be there only one night, but Mom became ill early in the morning on the day we planned to leave. The front desk attendant helped by calling the city's emergency response team for us, but I didn't get her name in all the stress and commotion.

All seemed to be fine; but later in the morning, I had to call an ambulance to transport Mom to the hospital. The housekeeper (Cristina) informed the front desk clerk at the time (Wanda) that we were going to the hospital and would most likely not be checking out that day. They were both concerned about us, and Wanda went ahead and renewed our stay for another day. She was great -- she got us a reduced rate for the second day because of the stressful circumstances, which greatly helped ease my mind. After an overnight stay in the hospital in Jamestown, Mom was much improved and able to travel once again. I'd like to thank Wanda, Cristina, and the overnight/early morning clerk for their help and concern. They saved the day for us!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fordcat
ClevelandAM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at the Jamestown Red Roof Inn. It's great to read comments like yours about our staff - the team strives to be helpful in any way they can. I think our Team's caring attitude sets Red Roof apart from other hotels. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again when in the Jamestown area. Safe travels!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This Red Roof is a budget motel, and doesn't pretend to be anything more. The rooms are clean, but very bland, with a stale smell you'll want to ventilate out. The bed wasn't particularly comfortable. While I didn't experience any problems, this Red Roof is certainly mediocre at best.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank-you for writing a review about the Red Roof Inn Jamestown. We are committed to providing great service and a spotlessly clean room to every guest, and at a price significantly lower than our competition. I hope you'll consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the I-86 and Jamestown area.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

While meandering, late in the evening, the eyes begin to settle like the sun, thus the need for “A head in the bed”. I never tried Red Roof Inn, and this seemed to be close and a fair market price. The General Manager waited on us; the facility was clean, presentable and efficient, for what it is; under $60.00/night.
She offered an A.M. wake-up, not heard that offer in quite some time. No Continental, but the basics are in the room and vending machines abound. The other chains in the area were easily twice the cost, I would gladly stop again. Try it!

Room Tip: It's worth it considering it's half the cost of area competitors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your resent response on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to have received a good ranking from you. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The carpets were filthy, bathroom dirty, the mattresses were horrible. This motel is in need of a complete renovation. I wish I could think of something positive to say about this place, but can't think of anything.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. Having a guest stay at our hotel and being very dissatified is unacceptable. We are glad that you brought this to our attention because now we are able to see where we need adjustments in our service. Please be assured that this will be addressed immediately. Please feel free to call us here at the hotel if there is anything we are able to do for you as we would like to have the opportunity to see you stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at several Red Roof Inn's and have always been pleased up to this point- clean, pet friendly with no extra charge, and affordable. I will start with a positive. The front desk was friendly and helpful. They gave us an initial discount with a coupon they had that saved us $15 on the rate. They also have us a free late check out. However, when we arrived in our room it was very noticeable that it had not been cleaned well. There were black hairs all over the bathroom, the carpet did not look to be well vacuumed, there were a few black hairs on the bed, an empty soap wrapper on the sink, a bottle cap on the floor, and a hair in our ice bucket. I politely asked if we could switch rooms and was promptly switched to a different room, no problem. However, it was the same story, not clean. The front desk called to ask if we were satisfied and I again explained that it seemed that the room had not been cleaned well. She apologized, personally walked up to our room and presented me with yet another room that was upgraded and asked me to check the room with her there. This room was an improvement. However, when I stay in a hotel, I expect not to find any hairs at all and this seemed to be an impossibility. We decided to suck it up for one night and thanked her for her help. The housekeeper was the same in all three rooms according to the welcome card left on the the table. I hope they can find a better housekeeper soon and redeem themselves.

Room Tip: Don't dismiss Red Roof Inn, but beware of this particular Red Roof. It is older, outdated, and n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! Even though we were unable to provide you with a problem free stay, I do appreciate your honesty as we use all feedback to help beter serve our guests. I hope that the next time you visit Jamestown/ Falconer we will be able to provide you a room truly worh the value of the Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The front desk staff, and especially Wanda, was flexible and helpful. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Having a good pillow to sleep on and a quality shower matter. I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn Jamestown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JSchwab83

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your most recent experience with us!I am glad that our location convenient for you in your travels around town. I am also happy to hear that our roo was very clean. We love hearing that we were able to provide a stress free check in because we know that the last thing our guests need is an added headache at the end of a long day. Julia

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I enjoyed a quiet, uneventful stay. The hotel is convenient to the highway and to Jamestown and Chautauqua. Everything worked properly (air conditioning, ice machine, bathroom fixtures, etc.), and the bed was comfortable. Front desk staff were very friendly. No complaints! If I return to visit Chautauqua again, I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Peter good day to you! I wanted to thank you again for staying with us. It is always a pleasure to meet interesting guests from other cultures. The staff here was very excited when I shared your comments with them. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falconer
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown

Been to Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer? Share your experiences!