“Not terrible for a short stay”
Review of Budget Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Budget Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Falconer
Chicago, Illinois
“Not terrible for a short stay”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We decided to take the Southern New York route on our way to Cooperstown, NY. Anyways, we were unaware of the sparsity of hotels or motels on I-86. Lesson learned. Anyways, we were getting very tired, and it was getting late at night. We found the Budget Inn soon after. I usually stay at the Wyndham Rewards hotels (Days Inn, Ramada, Knights Inn, etc), over 25 days a year, so I generally know what to expect from the lower tiered hotels. Anyways, I read the previous reviews, and I found the manager to actually be friendly, and not difficult in any way. Surprisingly, the internet connection was very good! We thought the internet connection would be terrible, and had been joking about it, so that was a plus. The room wasn't bad, and the bed was decent, so no major complaints. The price for one night was very affordable too. Just remember that hotels and motels on I-86 may be hard to come by, so book in advance!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank steelchess77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Second time I have stayed here as I come from Florida to see Mom (87) at LSS assisted living which is within walking distance . It's an older establishment and has seen it days and is not luxury by any stretch of the immagination but serves my purposes well, TV, refreigerator and microwave. Several local rest with great food. A must try is the Belview right accross the street. Got a great rate for my 7 day stay and the owners are kind and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank RubyBegonia47
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Yes I agee that maybe some of the amenities may be missing..such as daily maid service and phone service. However, no one has mentioned the fact that the rates are agreeable for someone who needs to really watch their budget...hence Budget Inn!
I stayed for 7 nights and found the room convenient as it provided a TV, refrigerator and microwave with a CVS , laundra mat and grocery store within walking distance. What more could you need? I'll stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
7 Thank RubyBegonia47
Rome, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We got into our room and pretty much the only thing I liked was that they had a refrigerator in the room. The bed had hair on it ( I know washing sometimes leaves hair but come on!) and the shower well.....there was no way to turn it on, you could only take a bath even though there was a shower head

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Falconer hotels

Hudson, NY
Reviewed 5 December 2007

This motel is terrible. No free local calls, no high speed internet, no continental breakfast. 10AM checkout time. The room was dirty and the mattress was shorter than the box spring.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Donald C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falconer
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!