See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is an old fasioned, no frills motel, the most affordable in the area especially in the summer. It remains quiet at night, unlike some other motels that seem to attract noisy guests who hang out in the halls at all hours. The budget inn is suitable for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dovidk
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We decided to take the Southern New York route on our way to Cooperstown, NY. Anyways, we were unaware of the sparsity of hotels or motels on I-86. Lesson learned. Anyways, we were getting very tired, and it was getting late at night. We found the Budget Inn soon after. I usually stay at the Wyndham Rewards hotels (Days Inn, Ramada, Knights Inn, etc), over 25 days a year, so I generally know what to expect from the lower tiered hotels. Anyways, I read the previous reviews, and I found the manager to actually be friendly, and not difficult in any way. Surprisingly, the internet connection was very good! We thought the internet connection would be terrible, and had been joking about it, so that was a plus. The room wasn't bad, and the bed was decent, so no major complaints. The price for one night was very affordable too. Just remember that hotels and motels on I-86 may be hard to come by, so book in advance!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank steelchess77
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Second time I have stayed here as I come from Florida to see Mom (87) at LSS assisted living which is within walking distance . It's an older establishment and has seen it days and is not luxury by any stretch of the immagination but serves my purposes well, TV, refreigerator and microwave. Several local rest with great food. A must try is the Belview right accross the street. Got a great rate for my 7 day stay and the owners are kind and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank RubyBegonia47
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Yes I agee that maybe some of the amenities may be missing..such as daily maid service and phone service. However, no one has mentioned the fact that the rates are agreeable for someone who needs to really watch their budget...hence Budget Inn!
I stayed for 7 nights and found the room convenient as it provided a TV, refrigerator and microwave with a CVS , laundra mat and grocery store within walking distance. What more could you need? I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank RubyBegonia47
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We got into our room and pretty much the only thing I liked was that they had a refrigerator in the room. The bed had hair on it ( I know washing sometimes leaves hair but come on!) and the shower well.....there was no way to turn it on, you could only take a bath even though there was a shower head

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple