“Very helpfull staff but noisy and constant AC problems”

TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Farmingdale
Cary, North Carolina
“Very helpfull staff but noisy and constant AC problems”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for over 18 months every week on business travel and stayed here so I could cook meals. The staff were some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered in a lower end hotel. However this was offset by the constant issues with the AC units in the rooms. Cheap and unreliable. I also found the 'engineering' guys to be as reliable as the AC units. Noise from other guests is frequently a problem at this hotel but the staff deal with it when you complain. I never had an issue with noise from the airport. They have a very basic breakfast but right across the parking lot is the sister hotel courtyard that has a breakfast buffet. The rooms are quite nice and the kitchen has most everything I ever needed to make a reasonable meal.

Room Tip: I found the airport side to be consistently be the best side of this hotel to stay on. Check your AC...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here while planning our wedding since we live out of state. The rooms were attractively priced and close to shopping/restaurants. The hotel shares a parking lot with its sister hotel the Marriott.

The beds were comfortable and the room was a good size. Our room was like a mini suite and had a couch that pulled out to a bed, desk, coffee table, sink microwave and refrigerator. You could spend several days here comfortably. The rooms were clean and quiet.

The breakfast options at this hotel are limited to a Grab and Go bar I believe it is called that has a limited selection. I do not recall seeing Room Service either.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Trackrunner1010
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Came here in March 2010 and wrote an excellent review on this new, modern property. Because of my great last stay, I decided to spend a week here again using Marriott reward points. We arrived very late due to flight delays, and found the place nowhere as good as our last trip. While the linens and bathroom were clean, the rest of the unit was filthy. A wet paper towel on counters, and hangers yielded black dirt. The counters and surfaces were sticky. Apparently, the change the linen and clean the bathroom, but never clean the rest of the unit. After having the cereal only complimentary breakfast, we checked out and checked into the full service Marriott in Melville. Maybe our room was an exception. On the positive side, we got a full refund of our points, and the manager was accommodating to our potential flight delay needs. If they did a thorough cleaning of the rooms, this would be an excellent property, but not at present.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank drichrx
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This was my 4th stay here for business over the past 4 years and since it was brand-new when I first came, I am a bit jaded in my views....
Good location, easy to get to from the Highways and Interstates and lots of places to walk to to eat or shop ( Wal-Mart ) and restaurants like the 56th Fighter Group, Houlihan's, Chili's and Panera all walkable.
Good rooms and people working there and they really take care of the exterior and its adjacent porperty,Courtyard.
The airport is not too busy with business jets and prop plane ( by the way, a great place to be for the Jones Beach air show on Memorial Day as the Blue Angels land and take off from here and you can see lots of planes and traffic up close)
Not so good--due to the guests who stay long term and cook in the rooms, the halls and rooms can smell like spicy cooking for a long time. Not too pleasant. It can get crowded and noisy at times with people, on the ground floor are room for folks with pets and if that bothers you, go and ask to be upstairs.
The carpets and halls seem a bit dingy and dank as compared to the past and I hope that is not a trend.
Overall--a good value, great site for ease to commute or to colleges nearby.
Hoping it will take care of the small things that can ruin a stay, I still recommend it but be watchful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Greensboro
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Stayed at the location using points for a last minute weekend soccer tournament. The hotel was clean, quiet and the staff very accomodating. The location was very good. Previous references to the adjacent airport proved not to be a problem. There is a seldom used airport next door, no jets, very little activity. I only heard propeller planes taking off early in the morning. No activity late in the day or at night. The hotel appeared to be a relatively new construction. One last comment - the fitness area was top notch. Updated equipment, well cared for. The only negative involved the large TV - the max volume wasn't very loud.

Room Tip: the Queen Suite room was very roomy, well organized and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
NJ
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed with my daughter one night during a family emergency this past winter. We arrived fairly late and had no problem checking in. Bedding and bathrooms were clean and adequate - nothing exciting, but were fine for what we needed. There is a more expensive (or was at the time) Courtyard by Marriot across the way, but I was quite happy with my choice.
I was able to get my 20yo daughter a late checkout the next morning while I took care of some things, and there was no problem with her staying even later and using the internet in the lobby.
One suggestion- they did a good job clearing the massive snow, but should have cleared a path to get to the sidewalk from the parking lot over on the side. Not much use clearing the walk if you can't get to the cars.

• Stayed January 2011
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Very Bad place for long term stay. Got abused by staff many times. No respect for platinum members also. Insulted us saying that we are consuming lot of milk of their complimentary Breakfast and other guests running out of Milk because of us. Nobody ever insulted us like that.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank rajasekhar_atmakuri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingdale
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Massapequa Park
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale? Share your experiences!