“Great Hotel ,wonderful staff”

TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Farmingdale
Amityville, New York
“Great Hotel ,wonderful staff”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My family and I were displaced from our home for almost four months due to "Sandy".
The staff at this hotel ,Andrew, Jennifer, Elizabeth, Daniel to name a few were put to the test daily dealing with a very frustrated group of people thanks to the poor response from insurance and FEMA. The accommodations were very nice but the staff dd everything possible to make a difficult time bearable for so many people. I would have to say and I know many of us that stayed there would agree this is a hotel that takes pride in what they do and the training of their staff whether its the front desk,maintenance personnel or housekeeping. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank L12j
rosa l, Manager at TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear L12j,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. I consider myself fortunate to have joined this team and work alongside the many hospitality professionals that make up the TownePlace Suites Farmingdale team! They will be pleased to hear that they made a difference during your long term stay. We wish well and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have stayed there for about 2 months since January.
One of the clerks is completely rude and acting up, I believe her name is Jenifer.
The room key is constantly stop working and once I had to wait 2 hours for them to open the door.
The hotel is constantly under renovation and you can hear everything anyone says on the rooms around you so its not quite as one might think.

Some of the staff are nice, having a kitchen, and the cheep price of 130 all year does the trick.

If this was not book for me by my company I would have never stayed there.

Keep away from this horrible place!
Assaf.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank cajapan
Lake Grove
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I never stayed at a TownePlace Suites before. It is a newer hotel in a great location. We went to malls, restaurants and movies that are near hotel. The kitchen in the room even has an oven. The decor is nice and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was included and they have breakfast in bags at front desk to go. We could use the pool/hot tub and all the stuff at the Marriott Courtyard next door. I loved having free internet and no charge for parking. We used there complimentary shuttle to go out to malls, museums, restaurants and bars in the area. THe front desk was great and we used the fitness center a couple of times. We would definately stay there again!!

Room Tip: The airport near there is very smalll- heard no noise at all but the view to the airport was really...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Very poor sound proofing - noise in the hall, doors closing all hours of the night and there was loud banging in the room above me. Hall and room had strange odor. This did not seem like a Marriott property- more like a Motel 8.
Staff are not helpful and their apathy is obvious. The list of 'amenities' in the guest directory includes " check cashing - need quick cash? The front desk will gladly cash your check (limited amounts) with a drivers license or valid ID." I went to the desk to cash a check and the clerk was rude and implied I didn't know what I was talking about. When I showed her the guest direcftory her response was " well we don't do that."

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I chose this location because I am loyal to Marriott, and it was convenient to the Nikon Theater at Jones Beach. I was traveling with a friend, and I booked a 2 bedroom suite, so we could have a living area, and each have our own bedroom. The room itself was fine. It was clean and comfortable. We got back to our room at 2am after the concert we attended, so we had really hoped to sleep until 8:45, so that we could then get a quick breakfast before it ended at 9am. This was impossible. By 7am there were all sorts of corporate jets taking off, then loud bangs and crashes in the lot below our 2nd floor window. I tried to pull the pillow over my head and ignore, but there was too much noise. Loud metal banging, beeping, people talking on walkie-talkies. I finally looked out my window around 8am wondering what the heck is going on, and discovered that there was several causes to the noise. The first-paramedics dealing with some sort of injured person on the back sidewalk, with police and that explains the radio sound of walkie-talkies. The second cause of the noise-Someone-a guest I imagine- had parked a U-Haul truck in that lot at was unloading boxes and crates from that truck to another truck and yelling and sounded like a loading zone. All of that and the airport too! My friend and I went bleary-eyed to breakfast, and left the hotel needing a nap! The hotel was generous with offering to help with directions, and arranged for a taxi to the airport, and gave me a late check out. The staff and hotel itself are fine, but it is so close to the airport, that it is noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine, but airport noise an issue.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

First experience of this brand from Marriott, the staff are exceptionally helpful at this location. The rooms are a bit institutional, reminiscent of a college dorm room. Things are not as clean as I would like (greasy finger prints all over microwave, door walls and dirty light switches) all things which don't get much attention but after many uses will show the grime if not cleaned periodically. Also there was a horrible blood stain on the outside stairs exit door which was off-putting, I let staff know and they were surprised and sought to clean it immediately. Breakfast was not great, but with a full kitchen best to make your own. On another note this location is right next to the airfield so be prepared to hear airplane propellers right outside your window and I do mean right outside.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bangkok
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Firstly, the rooms do look nice on the interior. But there is more to a room than this appearance.

1. Expect to be privy to the personal activities of all your neighbors - including those above you. If the person above you paces all night long; expect to hear each and every step.

2. Expect to hear motorbikes racing late at night on the street.

3. Expect to see a very eclectic mix of people spanning a multitude of socio-economic classes that make one wonder just what the MONTHLY rental price is at this property.

4. Don't exect to get near the breakfast buffet - there will be too many people who consider it a living room.

5. Expect to Smell Smoke. The entrances have many chairs where people gather to smoke at all hours and into the night and you will walk within 2 feet of all of them every time you go through the main entrance. ALSO - if you are above them- you're Air Con intake will pull the smoke into your room. THUSLY ALL ROOMS ABOVE THE ENTRANCE ARE SMOKEY DURING THE STRANGEST HOURS OF THE NIGHT.

6. Expect to hear yelling, noise, and a lack of basic manners and decency in the hallways and otherwise.

7. This is the softest total mush bed that I have yet encoutnered in over 100 countries.

Long Island is a tough hotel/motel market with few NEW choices. This makes this 3 year old property attractive; but at the end of the day; I found myself without sleep and wanting to lock my valuables ANYWHERE other than the property...

Room Tip: Avoid any units above the main entry unless you enjoy smoke smell and hearing the finer quality gues...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingdale
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Massapequa Park
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville

Been to TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale? Share your experiences!