“Decent One Night Stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Farmingdale
Roosevelt, New York
“Decent One Night Stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This property has a free breakfast, but it is small and there are only 6 tables. The suites are equipped with pots and electric burners to cook within your room if you have food.

We could hear noise from the children in the hallway. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
rosa l, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank youf for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are looking into expanding our complimentary continental breakfast area. I'm glad you found the hotel to be clean and with friendly staff. We hope to have the opportunity of having you back next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Over the property is just fine. Bit more expensive than I thought it should cost for the quality of the hotel but I wasn't mad when I left.

Check in
No problems. The clerk was efficient and had me off to the room. My only problem would have been he never told me there was a reception that evening for the guests. I ended up finding out from the bellhop.

Room
Little better than expected. I know this is the low end for Marriott properties but the room was in good shape and not beat up at all. Everything was in working order.

Bathroom
My only small problem was the hot water in the morning. You would set it then it would get colder so I kept having to turn it hotter.

Breakfast
All carbs. No protein. Cereal, breads, yogurt, bananas, OJ, apple juice and the like.

TV
Decent amount of channels. Its lodgenet, which just makes it worse automatically. I could only get the lodgenet app to work for a few minutes. I don't believe its the hotels fault but instead the devil himself who is the only person that would have created such a horrible service.

Location
Decent. Not a lot to walk tonight from the hotel but easy drive to a lot of options. I'm originally from the area so it makes it easy for me to get around.

Overall
I was satisfied and would return. I'd look twice if the cost was much higher.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank morganrep
rosa l, Manager at TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time for your valuable feedback. We realize you had a choice, and we are grateful you chose us. I am sorry that we did not tell you about our Guest Appreciation night (every Tuesday) but glad that you were able to join us. Thank you again for choosing the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Farmingdale; we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed with my family and daughter's soccer team. I will start by saying that each staff member seemed friendly and professional. I do not think this is a typical Marriott standard hotel, but a slightly lower version. The rooms are like college dorm replicas. Having a small fridge was nice, but did not use the full kitchen. The bed was highly uncomfortable. I didn't like having to put the bedding on the sofa bed so that my kids could sleep in it since the room only comes with 1 bed. The AC unit never worked properly. The room was always too hot or too cold. The bathroom door lock didn't work. The elevators were far from the lobby and inconvenient upon arrival and departure. The breakfast was marginal. This hotel shares a parking lot with the Marriott Courtyard- a much better choice unless you are taking advantage of an extended stay rate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tami T
rosa l, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Tami T. Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm sorry that our accomodations did not meet your needs. We actually manage both hotels, the TownePlace Suites and the Courtyard. You are right, the Courtyard would of been a better choice for your needs. You booked a Studio room at the TownePlace. The Courtyard offers rooms with two double beds. My Chief of Engineer is looking into the AC problem and bathroom door lock. We will be replacing all the mattresses soon. I'm hopeful you have the opportunity to try our hotels again in the future, so we can demonstrate the level of service that we are proud of. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I travel a lot for work and always looks for a Marriott property when possible. I had never stayed at a Towne Place Suites before but expected the same service I receive at the other brands. I have to say my stay far exceeded my expectations! The staff were so friendly and made me feel at home and made my stay wonderful. A special shout out to Marvin who immediately makes you feel like a VIP! I liked the rooms and found the hotel to be very clean and updates. It is nice to have the Courtyard across the parking lot to grab a drink or a bite to eat (even in the midst of construction - they have a great bartender over there!) I will always choose this hotel whenever I am in this area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephanie S
Dear Stephanie S, Thank you for your feeback regading your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I have already shared your comments with Marvin and Lorraine (Bartender), they are truly our Super Stars!. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you again for taking the time to write your feedback!!!
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We booked a 2 BR room for $229 over Columbus Day weekend. I was pleased the assistant GM contacted me via email a couple days before our arrival to ask if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable. We were traveling with kids (6-8 years old) so they offered a free in-room movie and microwave popcorn which was a hit and much appreciated. The in-room movie still ended up on our bill however, so I had to ask to have that removed ($14.99 for a movie - wowza!). Breakfast is free but somewhat minimal. Nothing made to order. No eggs. The 2BR room was *very* comfortable for a family of four. Things were pretty clean overall. I'd stay there again, but the Hilton Garden Inn in Plainview is a bit nicer overall I think.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RobertDwyer
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for a number of weeks for business.

I've stayed at a bunch of Towneplace Suites for business across the country. This one is one of the better ones. The rooms have been recently updated with flat screen tv's, newer carpet, bathroom flooring, etc. Each room has the 2 burner stove, refrigerator, and microwave.

Typical of Towneplace Suites is the thin walls. If you have neighbors, you will most definitely hear their conversations (and understand them too). I'd always make sure the air conditioner was running to have some white-noise to sleep.

Staff is excellent. They were always very pleasant from week to week. As a Platinum member, they even gave me a free movie w/ snacks for two of the weeks I was there.

Exercise facilities are up-to-date w/ the latest exercise equipment. The room is small, however, but being a runner, I chose this hotel, as opposed to the Courtyard next door because of the newer equipment. (The Courtyard's equipment is quite dated, though the exercise room is much larger).

Breakfast room is a little bit on the small side, but had typical Towneplace suites fare - toast, waffles, bagels, packaged breakfast bars, cereal and oatmeal.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank totonka99
Connecticut
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I don’t usually post reviews but felt compelled to share my experience at this hotel. I am a loyal Marriott customer. I have stayed at every type of hotel they offer, from resorts to full and limited service properties and I am usually happy. But this hotel went more then above and beyond. The Assistant General Manager Rosa e-mailed me prior to our arrival and offered her assistance for any questions I may have for our stay. We were celebrating a birthday and she surprised us with an upgrade, balloons and a personal birthday card signed by the staff. What a wonderful surprise! The young man at the front desk that checked us in was also very friendly and helpful. He even gave us call after we went to our room to check and see if we were happy. All the staff we encountered where cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was a nice continental spread for a quick start to the day. The coffee in the lobby was hot and fresh. This hotel should be proud of the well trained staff and exceptional service they provide.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Colleen102
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingdale
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Massapequa Park
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale? Share your experiences!