“Good food, seemingly authentic mexican menu”

Caracara Mexican Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Caracara Mexican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
St. Thomas
“Good food, seemingly authentic mexican menu”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Several friends and I had dinner here one Sat night and the restaurant was quite busy although it didn't affect our service. We had sangria by the pitcher, a double serving of the fresh guacamole dip that is made in front of us at the table and was very good. All of us enjoyed our dishes and shared, pork chop (not sure the name on menu) was the favorite. The sweet white potato as a side was awesome as well,it was the first time I had ever had that before. 5 desserts were ordered.....the apple pie like dish, something with caramel dip and something else that were like sugar and cinnamon coated pastry sticks were the favorites. I apologize for the lack of names and poor descriptions....I never even saw the dessert menu so I have no clue what they're actually called. The overall price of dishes was fair and the portions were suitable. Pleasant experience and I would go back again.

• Visited April 2014

New York
“Not bad, not great.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The food was good, but we've had better at other Mexican restaurants. Our server was extremely pleasant and friendly, but it was very busy so we had to wait for some things we asked for. Was disappointed that they did not have a special LI Restaurant Week menu. We were told to order from the regular menu but many dishes had an extra surcharge and it was annoying trying to figure out which they were.
It was very noisy which didn't bother us too much. Seems many big groups come here. My partner says the best thing about our dinner was the dessert which he loved. Don't remember the name but it was sort of a small wrap deep fried and stuffed with cream cheese. plantains and dusted with cinnamon sugar. He said he'd go back just for that...lol!

• Visited May 2014
Lindenhurst
“Dinner at Caracara Farmingdale”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was the first time for us at a Mexican restaurant, we went with another couple who had been there before. Our Grandson (28 ) recommended it.
We were Very Pleasantly surprised, as the food was terrific and plentiful, the atmosphere was upbeat, and our waitress Kimberley was expert in explaining the various choices. Our Bartender was unbelievably adept at making our drinks, You may think this odd,but he was quite Good and as my wife had a drink she hadn't had before , he took the time o explain he ingredients and was Very pleasant . All in ALL a Great experience, Food, Liquor,Presentation, and Service.

Visited April 2014
Farmingdale, New York, United States
“CaraCara is truly LI's Best Mexican Restaurant!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We heard about CaraCara from everyone raving about it. And now we are regulars too. The Food is AWESOME, their Guacamole is off the charts GREAT! (Personally my favorite is the Pollo Relano and we even had brunch there on and had delicious Eggs benedict)
Also the Margaritas are nice and we love the weekend Live Music.
Finally I must say, the staff is very attentive and friendly and it has a terrific atmosphere and VIBE. EVERYONE in our town is so happy they are here and they friends we bring in always love it!

• Visited April 2014
“Awesome”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Fresh and delicious food. The ambiance is romantic-ish; low lights, candles etc. The bar can get pretty loud and is usually packed. Table-side guacamole that is to die for and the tamales and sangria are both freaking amazing! I've been here 4 times and every single time it was a great experience. All the friends I have taken to eat here have been back without me and always have good things to say! The only bad thing I would say is the hostess table is past the bar right before the dining room, not in the front of the restaurant where you walk in. When the bar is crowded you have to wrestle your way through 100 people who may or may not spill their drink on you to reserve a table/check the wait time for a table (theres usually a wait). There is enough room up front to put a hostess and it would be more customer friendly. Twice I have seen people who walk in and dont know where to go because it was crowded and there is no direction as to where you 'check-in'. Regardless, I will be back again :).