“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Farmingdale
Long Island, New York
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My parents invited me to stay with them in their suite while they were having some work done in their house due to Hurricane Sandy. This was like a staycation for me. I thought it was a very well-kept hotel. The staff from the manager to the housekeepers were extremely friendly. It had all the right amenities. I did not try the breakfast buffet, which was $9.95 per person or the food they had. You are close enough (within walking distance) to major restaurants and Walmart if you opt out of eating downstairs. Plus there are other restaurants within a 1 to 3 mile radius of the hotel. The King Size Suite was right on the mark. My 3 year old son was besides himself and love every minute of being in the suite. There were several groups staying in the hotel, 3 bridal parties, Wounded Warriors convention, and a few other groups. Yet, if it wasn't for the people congregated downstairs in the bar/lounge area or me seeing the signs about the shuttle buses for the bridal parties, I would not had known there were so many groups in the hotel. I would love to go back by myself for a more complete staycation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sosdance
rosa l, Manager at Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear sosdance, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you and your family (especially your 3 year old son) enjoyed your "stacation"! You are correct, our prime location can't be beat. I'm glad you were able to experience the near by restaurants. Our staff will be delighted to know that their "extremely friendly" personalities made all the difference. Please let us know whenever you decide to take your next "stacation" - it will be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Quick business trip to Farmingdale...where to stay? Decided couldn't go wrong with Marriott at Republic Airport. And was I correct! This is an outstanding hotel, with a superb staff that work very hard to make certain the business traveler has a pleasant and productive stay. Building security is outstanding, and parking is ample. My schedule was complex, I needed quiet and some special arrangements, and they came through in superb fashion. Courtyard by Marriott hotels are all generally good, but even by their standards, this one is a standout! Very conveniently located so even if one is planning on going into NYC or elsewhere on Long Island, I would strongly recommend thinking about this hotel. Just great!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FloridaBizGuy
Dear FloridaBizGuy, Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. I am fortunate to work alongside professionals who in your words 'stand out". I was pleased to read you had a pleasant and productive stay. We will share your comments with our staff so they can receive the recognition that they deserve Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Smithown
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This review may be a little lengthy but if you are planning to book a block of rooms you will certainly want to be warned!! As we started to plan for our wedding, we chose this location for our bridal party and out of town guests for several reasons including its central location. Apart from the rooms which were comfortable and clean, most of our guests had many complaints during their stay. When planning the block of rooms, Brianna, the group sales manager, would only block 10 rooms because of the busy holiday weekend. Since we knew we would need more rooms, several of us booked outside of 'the block'. Well, that turned out to be a disaster because despite explaining to Brianna that they were part of the block, she kept referring to 'the contract' which would have guaranteed the guests a shuttle back from reception hall. Three days before the wedding, we found out that the shuttle was not going to be provided despite the fact that we had at least 13 rooms booked!!! The guests were not told, nor were we warned of this fact!! If it wasn't because one of us called to find out what time the shuttle would pick up guests, we would have never known that no shuttle was available!!! We had to scramble at the last minute and call our limo company who thankfully was able to provide a van (at additional cost obviously!) for our guests who were rightfully expecting a shuttle. In addition, when we booked the rooms we were told of the bar area that would be available for guests after the reception. The bar was NOT available. Is was not available not only because it was after 12am, it was not available at all. Apparently, they are in the process of closing it down, but no one had the courtesy of letting us know. Still another big mishap was the fact that they neglected to hand out the 'welcome bags' we had painstakingly and thoughtfully put together with items typical to Long Island. Not only was it a significant expense, it was the thought of making our guests feel welcome that went unnoticed!! All they had to say was they were sorry but 'they didn't know which party they belonged to'. Pretty poor excuse when they had tags on them that identified them as belonging to the wedding party as well as the fact that the attendant who received them had looked up our name the day before and had assured us they would be distributed as guests checked in. After the wedding, I contacted Brianna who, although she remained respectful, was barely apologetic and kept referring to the 'contract'. She kept insisting that it was OUR responsibilty to have contacted the guests. The 'contract' does not cover their neglect nor lack of courtesy to THEIR paying guests!! OUR guests are THEIR paying customers and they should have been given at least a warning regarding the possible lack of shuttle, lack of bar etc. Many of our family members have been Marriott rewards members for a long time and we find this unacceptable, not characteristic of Marriott, and extremely poor customer service!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear LilianaS: Thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful review. We sincerely apologize that you did not experience the top notch customer service that we are normally known for. We reviewed your comments and have added procedures to communicate more effectively with our guests prior to our group arrivals. We can understand your dissapointment and would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your concerns in further detail. Please feel free to contact me personally should at your earliest convenience. My direct number is 631-927-6900 and my cell number is 516-473-4764. Thank You
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is an average hotel located by a very small airport. We had no issue with noise from planes. The room was fine though there were hairs on the bathroom floor upon arrival. The hallways were littered with trash and crumbs by early evening but cleaned each morning. There is a very small bar in the lobby and limited restaurant service but fine in a pinch. Next to this is a shopping center with Chipotle, Chilis, and Houlihans plus a Wild Wings down the road. We found the front desk staff to be a little condescending when we asked questions and that kind of ruined this considering the cost. They do have a shuttle upon request to the Farmingdale LIRR station. The shuttle staff were very sweet. We would only stay again if we absolutely had to as this seems to be in the middle of strip malls in a non- walkable area. For any brides, consider asking for a shuttle for your guests to and from the reception so your loved ones don't risk drinking and driving. We saw quite a few people returning late at night who had clearly been drinking, some on a wedding shuttle which was great and others stepping out of cars which was disturbing. The pool is small and inside but fine for kids.

• Stayed June 2013
rosa l, Manager at Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Breannlisa, Thank you for your cadid feedback. It is feedback like this which enables us to work toward our goal of continual improvement. I have reviewed your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and our Front Office Manger so we can take immediate corrective action. I was happy to hear about out shuttle service, it is a great feature that a lot of guests benefit from. I'm hopeful that we have the opportunity to try our hotel again in the future, so we can demonstrate the level of service that we are proud of. Thank you again.
Redlands, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel was ideally located for our purposes and was surely the best in the area. It was exceptionally clean and the staff was helpful. Breakfast in the dining area was a $9.99 buffet and just okay, but there are restaurants nearby. The hotel bar was woefully stocked; however, the server was professional and helpful, providing information about the area. Would definitely stay again if the need to be in the area arose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
rosa l, Manager at Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Mrilini, thank you for sharing your expereinces with our hotel. We take pride in our cleanliness and our team of professionals. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you find yourself in the Farmingdale vicinity!
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Upon arrival a little sceptical as it was near an airport, but there was no noise.....maybe no planes! Nice clean room and was typical for this chain. Needed to pay for breakfast, which to me was a bit unusual but was cheap and a good food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wobblyboot
Dear Wobblyboot, Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm glad you found our rooms to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
theantimartha
Reviewed 10 May 2013

A good friend's daughter was getting married and booked a block at this hotel for the guests at a special rate, I was lucky enough to have Marriott points so I booked on my own. The hotel was easy to find, clean, and very comfortable. They even provided transportation to the venue and agreed to keep the lobby bar open later to accommodate guests returning from the wedding. My only issue was with the guy at the front desk: my friend asked me if I liked the goody bag I got when I checked in, I replied that I hadn't gotten one. She told me that she had left one with my name on it along with many others. When I returned to the hotel after the wedding, I asked him about it, and he said I wasn't entitled to one since I was using Marriott points and not paying in the block rate. I reminded him that the bags were made up by the bride's parents and the hotel had nothing to do with them, so he grudgingly gave me one bag (only days later did I find out there had been another one left for my daughter, which the host never got back), but made a point of taking the free breakfast voucher out because "I wasn't entitled to it". I didn't argue, but his attitude annoyed me. In any event, the hosts had extra vouchers so I didn't pay for breakfast anyway, and the breakfast was excellent-hot, fresh food, large variety, much better than one would usually expect from a motel breakfast. Other than the front desk guy, the hotel was GREAT. Clean, surprisingly quiet for being so close to an airport, nice rooms and super-comfortable bed. I'd stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Other than asking for a room not too close to the ice machines, I don't think there are any '...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
rosa l, Manager at Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear THEANTIMARTHA,
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay. It is this feedback which enables us to work toward our goal of continual improvement and flawless guest stays. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager and all our staff, so we can ensure we use them to find other ways to handling similar situations. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room and our shuttle service. I'm hopeful you have the opportunity to try our hotel again in the future, so we can demonstrate the level of service that we are proud of. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel then!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingdale
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Massapequa Park
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Days Inn Long Island/Copiague

Been to Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale? Share your experiences!