“Seemed Like Home”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
phoenix, az
“Seemed Like Home”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Upon arriving at The Hampton Inn Long Island we were given a room which was equipped for handicapped people. We did not need this type of room and were assigned another room which had a view of the roof next door with a large chimney at the window. After a third try at the front desk we were given a wonderful room with a beautiful view of the trees and snow and it had a couch! From that point on we were greeted each time we left or entered the hotel (Kevin Raynor was wonderful) and made to feel like were were special visitors. The lobby is warm and inviting and the breakfast area was very complete with hot food as well as cereals, bagels, yogurt, coffee, etc. fresh each morning and there was a fireplace and a decorated Christmas tree in the lobby. It was wonderful arriving back there each day and staying there. Our room was large, clean, comfortable, Everything we could want. Location is excellent also. The staff is great - pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel - away from the expressway and overlooking the tre...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Kanata, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel shows pride of ownership and is conveniently located with easy access to nearby expressways and restaurants, very nice for the business traveller. The staff were terrific and greeted me with sincerity. This hotel was alos less expensive than other brand hotels nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The accommodations are beautiful, and has everything you'd want, but the staff deserves special note. They were really friendly and helpful without being overbearing, always made sure we had what we needed without any fuss. It was perfect.

Stillwater, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel, I was greeted by friendly smiling people at the front desk and was quickly checked in. The room smelled nice when I opened the door and the room was clean. Everything worked and was up to date, although the toilet was leaking in the tank but did not bother me. The light switch in the bathroom also had a hole in it but worked fine. I suspect the cleaning staff does not always notice these facility items and they don't get reported to the maintenance staff. The room was comfortable and had a small frige. The next morning I had the usual breakfast which was fine, nothing special but was what they service everywhere. If I had wanted something special, I would have sought out a local restaurant. i had a good night's sleep, the place was quiet and I really didn't expect any more. I would stay there again, its easy on and off the expressway and there are local places to shop if needed. Staff was pleasant and friendly, everyone spoke to you in the corridor and the front desk could not be nicer.

Red Lion, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Everyone at this hotel is extremely nice and make you feel welcome. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past 1 and 1/2/ years and they know me when I check in. Edna in the Breakfast Area always greets me and asks how my family is doing. You can tell she loves her job. I will continue to stay here if my job takes me in the area.

Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights 2 weeks ago. This was our first stay at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is starting to show its age. We had a room that smelled like mildew. It was pretty awful and almost unbearable. We think it was the dirty carpet in the room. We travel to Long Island 4 times a year to visit family and won't be returning to this hotel. There are better options available.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we may work to freshen our guestrooms and common areas. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay moving forward. We hope you will give us another chance to impress, should you visit our area in the future

The Team at the Hampton inn Brookhaven
maryland
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here, along with my in-laws, 10/31 and 11/1. We had a great experience. The management was very nice, and allowed my MIL to put some bags I had given her (they drove, we flew) in our room, as we were checking in very late. Check in was very quick. Our room was beyond clean. The whole hotel smelled very fresh and clean. There was not 1 thing I could say that was wrong. They give you a hot breakfast everyday from 6-10 everyday. They have an assortment of cereals, yogurts, make your own waffles, breads, rolls, muffins, bagels, eggs, and a meat. Also, juice, coffee, tea, and hot coco. There is also a 24 hr. make your own coffee, tea, hot coco counter near the lobby. The lobby is nice, and also the room where you eat your breakfast is available for lounging all the time. There are several TV's in there to watch. Free wifi as well. There is a computer station, with a printer, incase you need to print boarding passes or anything else. Next time I come to LI, I will most defiantly not even look any where else. There was an indoor pool and fitness center as well, but we did not use them. Our room was spacious. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was stocked and CLEAN!! My in laws felt the same way that we did. They also had a handicapped accessible room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingville
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!